Busan is situated on the south-eastern part of the Korean Peninsula region and along with South Gyeongsang Province and Ulsan together form the largest industrial area in South Korea. It is the hub of education, economy and culture. Being the city with largest port in South Korea, it’s the world’s 5th busiest port considering cargo tonnage. That is why it is one of the most sought after destinations in South Korea and expatriates consider it home.
If you want to ship your vehicle to Busan, you have to transport your vehicle to the nearest port city which has departures for South Korea. You need to employ an international shipment company such as A1 Auto Transport service and we will ensure that your car or vehicle reaches Busan safely. If you are looking to know more about the procedures or become aware about all the rules, regulations and requirements in South Korea, you can contact us or contact Embassy of the Republic of Korea in USA.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why select A1 Auto Transport service?
Selecting a good shipping company, like us is the primary step because we understand all aspects of shipping vehicles the world over. Different countries have different requirements and we will be with you at every step to get the customs cleared at South Korea. Additionally we have a dynamic network of shipping agents that are knowledgeable about Korean Customs department to make the shipping seamless.
With plenty of US ports shipping directly to South Korea, you might want to discuss it with us. We can offer you door to port services and get your car picked up from your home and transported to the departure point. Or you can drive it yourself till the port to save money.
While you decide on shipping your car to Busan, you have two options. These are:
- RORO: Here the vehicle is driven on its own wheels to the ship and driven off at Busan. You are not allowed to keep any personal belongings and have to remove air conditioning gas.
- Container shipping: The car is sealed within 20 feet or 40 feet container and hoisted on the freight ship with a crane. This is important for vintage and other expensive cars as there is no damage.
Always inspect the vehicle completely and even take photos before a long journey of transporting. This way you can ensure that its condition remains the same, after the shipping. By comparing vehicle upon its arrival with photos, you can check whether vehicle was damaged or not. We provide insurance policies on vehicles being shipped. Although if your vehicle is vintage, classic or expensive, consider having your own additional insurance. It is advised to keep all the necessary documents handy.
Few regulations, requirements and rules:
- In the US, you need to deal (or shipping company) with Customs, Border Protection units. There you have to prove ownership, registration, clear title and driving license.
- For this, you have to give them receipt of vehicle (which displays your name).
- We are aware about rules and customs at Busan, the destination South Korean port. However, on a safe side, if you wish to know them too, it is recommended to contact Embassy of South Korea in the US.
- Generally, there is a duty fee on every foreign vehicle entering the country. Irrespective of its condition and age, personally imported vehicles may not be allowed to be sold or get transferred again, for at least 3 years.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?