Brokopondo is the capital town of Suriname and is situated on the westerns shores of the Suriname River. It is situated north of the Afobaka Dam and can be reached conveniently by the road leading out of Paranam Afobaka.
If you plan to work or go to school in Brokopondo, you may want to consider taking your vehicle as well. When you bring your vehicle with you, there are a few important rules that you will need to remember. These rules are enforced by Suriname Customs Department. These rules state that all documents are needed in order to successfully import your vehicle once all fees are paid up to the customs.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The paperwork is required in order to avoid any delays. You will need to submit a copy of this paperwork with your application for import. The documents needed include:
- Vehicle title.
- Vehicle insurance.
- Driver’s license.
- Social security card.
- Power of Attorney – if you hire a company like A1 Auto Transport Service to assist you.
When you hire A1 Auto Transport service, you not only get a reputable company that has provided this service for over twenty years, you also get a shipping agent that will assist you in your process, including going over and making sure you have all the required paperwork in order to complete your application. Your shipping agent will also go over the requirements for the port in Suriname so you won’t have to go through any delays. There are shipping options that you will need to decide on and your shipping agent will go over each one with you.
Regulations for shipping to Suriname.
The documents you provide with your application will need to be shown at both the port in the United States and the port in Suriname. There are also other rules that must be followed when importing to Suriname. These rules include:
- Age of your vehicle must be less than five years – Suriname does make exceptions for this, just inquire.
- Any vehicle that is valued at more than $25,000 will need to pay a minimum of 40% tax based on the vehicle cost, the freight charge, and any insurance obtained for import.
- There will also be an annual tax charged by the weight of the vehicle.
- You must have a valid driver’s license submitted with your application.
- A used vehicle cannot be more than eight years old.
- Used buses cannot be more than fifteen years old (Based on the date of manufacture).
- Used trucks have no restrictions on age.
- To figure out import duty, any vehicle valued at more than $25,000 is taxed at 40%. Any vehicle under $25,000 will be taxed at 25%.
Paperwork that will be requested and required once your vehicle enters Suriname includes:
- A copy of your driver’s license.
- A copy of your passport.
- Proof of insurance in Suriname.
- Shipping verification is given to you by the shipping agent.
- A proxy that will give you the clearance you need in Suriname.
- Appraisal value of your vehicle.
- Registration that provides proof that your vehicle has been owned by you for a period of more than six months.
You will also have two shipping methods to choose from which includes Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping. The most affordable and the quickest way is the Roll On/ Roll Off method however the container shipping gives you the freedom to ship all your personal items along with your vehicle.
Because there is a lot to remember, you can find out more by contacting the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency or the Suriname Embassy located in Washington DC. A1 Auto Transport Service will also be able to help you with your transporting needs. You will receive a full quote amount for transporting your vehicle to Suriname.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?