The city of Bago is located in the Bago Region of Burma and is the capital of the district. It is located fifty miles northeast of Yangon.
You might have your own reasons to move to Burma or Myanmar as it now known, but it is a fact that having your own vehicle will have immense benefits.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping car to Bago.
If you are interested in shipping a vehicle from United States to Burma, you will need to pay all taxes and duties charged for that shipment before it can pass through. You could be charged as high as 300% of your overall assessed value of your vehicle for import. If you are coming to Bago as a diplomat, you will not be charged any tariffs.
While this 300% seems a little high, you can’t be discouraged by it. It is very important however that you do fill out all paperwork associated with your import when shipping to Burma. It doesn’t matter when you ship a vehicle, there are always specifications on the requirement that have to be completed and importing your car to Burma is no different. There are a few regulations that must be followed in order to ship in this direction which includes:
- All vehicles shipped must be left hand driven vehicles.
- You must present a picture ID, proof of insurance, and your driver’s license.
- Keep all receipts of any duties you have paid and present them when asked.
- You must be there to accept your import.
- Show your proof of Burmese residency.
Other documentation that you will need to present when asked at both the United States port and Burma, in fact, this is a standard requirement for anyone who wants to import a vehicle. The paperwork must be submitted before the import process actually begins. If you want to ship your vehicle to Bago soon, you may want to contact the Myanmar Customs Department now to find out what is required. Keep in mind, the regulations may change from time to time so contact the customs to ensure that you are submitting the right paperwork and that you have everything you need.
International shipping methods.
There are two main transport methods to choose from when importing to Bago. A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you in checking your vehicle before it is ready to import to ensure that all regulations and requirements are being followed. A1 Auto Transport Service knows every aspect of importing including the fees and duties associated with an import so you can avoid any delays and quarantines. The two transportation methods are:
Container Shipping: With this method, your vehicle will be driven to the port and then placed in a container that you choose; 20 foot or 40 foot container. You will have the option to share this container with someone if you prefer. Your vehicle will be able to fit in the container and then you have the option to load it up with all your household items before it is sealed.
Roll On/ Roll Off Shipping: This method of shipping requires a few details that you will need to take care of to prepare your vehicle for shipping. When it’s ready, your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship where it is placed in a bay for transport. This is the cheapest method of shipping available.
A1 Auto Transport will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your vehicle arrives at Bago using the most secure way and the most affordable price. You can contact the Myanmar Embassy of for more information on shipping to the country.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?