Baghdad is the largest city and the capital of Iraq. Although an ancient city with a glorious past, it has suffered infrastructural damage due to insurgency attacks, and prolonged Iraq war. However, most of the military personnel, journalists and those working in other government services require having their own personal vehicles to drive around the city. Despite the volatile situation, they stay on a long term basis and that is why shipping a personal vehicle from USA makes a lot of sense. With proper roads in the country, it is easy to commute.
Though it may seem difficult to ship your vehicle from USA, it really isn’t that cumbersome especially when you work with some of the most experienced auto shipping services like A1 Auto Transport service. Having the support of the right shipping service can make all the difference as we understand all aspects of government regulations and custom clearances in Iraq, as we have been shipping vehicles globally for over 20 years.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is important to have the documentation in order so that there are no unforeseen glitches in delivery of the vehicle. You might like to contact the Embassy of Iraq to know the latest updates on the Iraqi regulations on foreign vehicle imports. There are some essential documents that you need to provide including:
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Registration of the vehicle.
- Title deed.
- Invoice of the various taxes and duties paid.
- Ownership proof- passport, driving license.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
Freight shipping methods.
Although air shipping is the fastest, it is the most expensive way to transport your vehicle. For most people, it is the most impractical. That is why they prefer using RORO or Container shipping to transport their vehicle to Baghdad. It is essential to know that when you are shipping your vehicle by RORO, you need to steam clean it from inside, leave none of your personal items and car accessories, and remove air conditioning gas and minimum amount of fuel.
However, when you are using 20 feet or 40 feet containers, your vehicle is safer and secure from the weather conditions. Additionally, there are no restrictions placed so you can move your household goods along with the vehicle. Make sure that you do not have anything within the container that is considered illegal in Iraq as that can lead to unnecessary delays. Contact the Embassy of Iraq for further information and current laws that are applicable.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory