Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Botswana
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Botswana
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For the majority of regular vehicles (cars and small trucks), it costs between $1,800 and $3,900 to ship a car from the U.S. to Botswana.
- Most vehicle shipments to the area come from the eastern seaboard in the United States and are shipped in a container.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Botswana
|New York, NY to (New York port)|
|Los Angeles to (California port)|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port)|
|Portland, OR to (California port)|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port)|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port)|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port)|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port)|
|Miami, FL to (New York port)|
|Dallas, TX to (California port)|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When you need to have your vehicle shipped to Botswana from the United States, there are many things that you need to be aware of. One thing to know is that the road conditions in Botswana are very rough. Most of Botswana is rugged terrain and only around ¼ of the roadways are paved. Since there are very few paved road it is advisable to have a 4×4 at all times when traveling through the country.
You will need to know where the nearest ports are located to your home or where the vehicle will be shipping from. The transport agent will be able to help you locate the closest ports. If they are far from where you or the vehicle are located, then you will need to make arrangements either with the transport company or with another driving service to drive the vehicle to the port if you will not be accompanying it in person.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Botswana
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Botswana
Botswana has very few regulations and the country does not have any restrictions on importing vehicles into the country. There are some regulations that you will have to abide by though. The regulations are as follows:
- Must have an application form IC.2 (The transport agent will be able to provide)
- Vehicle registration that shows the vehicle has been owned for at least one year.
- Import permit or a residence permit issued by the Commerce Committee.
- Bill of Sale that shows the total purchase price of vehicle.
- A CE101 form that must be copied two times.
- Valid passport.
- Certificate of Clearance from the police.
All vehicles that are imported to Botswana must pay a National Road Safety Fund tax in the amount of $4.52 U.S. dollars. This tax expires at the end of December and must be paid annually. You can gather more information on necessary paperwork and fees that must be paid to import your vehicle by contacting the Botswana Embassy in Washington, DC.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents That Are Required
You will be required to have certain documents filled out and in your possession in order to ship your vehicle to Botswana. You will have to provide the following documents prior to making arrangements to have the vehicle shipped:
- The original Title and Registration.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Card.
- Signed Power of Attorney if you will not be with your vehicle at the port of exit.
Prior to Shipping
Before the date of vehicle shipping, you need to make sure that you have a finalized quote for the cost of shipping the vehicle as well as the cost of driving the vehicle into Botswana if you do not plan on meeting the vehicle at the port of entry. You will also need to make sure that you have cleaned the interior and trunk of the vehicle to remove any personal items that may be inside. Since there are no ports directly in Botswana you will need to make arrangements to have the car driven into the country from the nearest shipping port. Durban is the most convenient port to have a car shipped to. You also need to note that it is not legal to drive an imported vehicle on the roadways in South Africa, so you will need to make arrangements with the Customs Clearance Agent to deliver the vehicle to Botswana for you.
Types and Cost of Shipping
The price of shipping will depend on the type that you choose. There are only two ways to ship/export a vehicle into Botswana and that is either Ro-Ro (Roll-On Roll-Off) or Container Shipping. The cost will also vary according to the weight of the vehicle and the distance from the port of exit in the United States to the port of entry to South Africa.
The two types of shipping a vehicle to Botswana are:
- Roll On Roll Off Shipping (Also known as Ro-Ro Shipping): Ro-Ro Shipping is the most preferred method of shipping/exporting a vehicle to Botswana. With Ro-Ro Shipping, vehicles are driven up a ramp onto the carrier ship at the point of origin and driven off at the port of exit. Ro-Ro shipping is the safest way to ship your vehicle as the vehicle is firmly secured onto the carrier. It is also the least expensive way to ship.
- Container Vehicle Shipping: When you use Container Shipping your vehicle will be shipped inside of a container on a carrier ship from the United States to the port nearest Botswana. Container Shipping is a bit more expensive than Ro-Ro Shipping but it is a great value for those who have personal items that need to be shipped along with their vehicles. Containers are available in 20ft or 40ft.Some people choose to share a container with another shipper who may be shipping a vehicle to the same port. Sharing a container can delay the time for your vehicle to ship though due to customs inspections.
Prior to shipping your vehicle to Botswana, you need to make sure you have properly filled out all paperwork required. Once you have the correct paperwork you will then need to hire a transport company to take care of the shipping. To find out the specifics of necessary paperwork you can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency and they can direct you to acquire the paperwork needed.
Before you ship your car to Botswana you will need to obtain and fill out all of the necessary paperwork before you hire the transport company. For a complete list of all forms that will be needed, you can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency and they can give you all of the information needed to locate forms that will need to be complete to have your car shipped.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Botswana
For decades, A1 Auto Transport has been helping their customers ship heavy equipment and oversized cargo overseas. This is a process that requires careful attention to detail, knowledge of foreign import policies, and easy access to the right shipping technologies and equipment. Without the proper components, your cargo may be denied entry into the nation you’re shipping to or worse, it may end up damaged while en route. The risks are far too high to attempt shipping such precious cargo to another nation on your own without professional assistance and guidance.
Heavy equipment and oversized cargo tends to cost a little more to ship than your standard vehicle or cargo. Therefore, we have specific guidelines we follow to assure what category your cargo fits under. For example, if your cargo is substantially heavy or too large to fit inside of a 40ft shipping container, it is likely considered heavy equipment or oversized cargo. Nevertheless, there isn’t much we can’t ship. Whether its farming, construction, industrial, mining, or paving equipment, we are able to have it delivered to Botswana.
What Shipping Services are Available to Me?
Whenever a customer needs to ship oversized or heavy cargo to another country, we suggest one of four transport methods. Some of our customers will have several options while others may have fewer options available to them. The transport methods and services you have to choose from will depend on the size, dimensions and weight of your cargo. Our professionals will help set up your transport in the safest and most affordable way possible.
If you are curious as to what shipping methods we offer for overseas heavy equipment and oversized cargo transports, here is a brief description of each…
- Container Transport- As the most secure form of shipping overseas, this transport method is also the most expensive. Your cargo is protected from outside elements by the walls and ceiling of the container.
- Flat Rack Shipping- Your cargo is secured to a metal frame or flat rack then placed atop the ship.
- Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo)- This method is recommended to those with broken down vehicles or equipment as well as those with crated equipment. A crane is used to lift the cargo onto and off of the ship carefully.
- Roll On/Roll Off (RoRo)- This open air service is the cheapest shipping method available and is only offered to those with operable equipment and vehicles. RoRo transports are not accepted by all seaports so ground transport methods may also be necessary to fulfill the delivery.