York is located in the United Kingdom, and is filled with historical events. York is a city that is surrounded by walls and is available to Ouse River and Foss River. It is located only twenty-one miles from Leeds.
If you want to ship your vehicle over to York from the United States, you will simply need to follow the rules and regulations that pertain to the Road Vehicle Regulations of 1989. Your vehicle must meet all areas listed in these regulations including safety, emissions, and environmental regulations as well. You will also need to pay VAT and import duties in order for your car to be released once it reaches York. You may be exempt from paying taxes and duties if:
- You will be settling down in London on a permanent basis
- You are part of a non-European Union member and are most likely not going to be there more than six months
- You are importing a vehicle that was previously exported from the Uk
Taxes to Pay for Importing.
If you are importing a vehicle, you will need to pay all import duty taxes including a 17.5 % tax and a 10% duty tax, if you have owned the vehicle for less than six months and bring proof of that and you want to keep your vehicle for at least one year after importing it. You will need to show proof that you have been living in the United States for at least six months and you have driven the car during that time. The vehicle has been licensed and insured while driving it in the U.S. You will be responsible for paying shipping insurance of 1.5% of the value of your car.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you do not qualify for tax exemption, you will then be required to pay the taxes that are required to pay after your vehicle arrives in the United Kingdom. You will need to notify HM Revenue and Customs, HMRC. You will need to ensure that you have the Notification of Vehicle Arrivals form filled out, which you can get online. You will need to take care of this first and then your tax amount will be determined so you know what you need to pay. You will need to pay the VAT and if you don’t, there are penalties that will be applied. You will need to provide the following information:
- Bill of Lading.
- Ownership proof.
- Title to the vehicle that has no lien.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Inspection certification for emission and road safety.
You will need to get the vehicle import pack so you will know the mandatory rules and regulations. If your vehicle is over ten years, there will be additional rules and regulations to follow before importing. You can find out more information by contacting the DVLA. When hiring a shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Service, they can determine what forms you need to fill out and what rules and regulations apply to your importing situation so you follow them without any delays.
Once your vehicle arrives, you will be able to pick it up. You will want to register it immediately so you can begin driving it. The vehicle may need to be transported for you from the port to London so you can get it legal before it is driven. Always have your documents ready to hand over so you don’t delay picking up your vehicle once it comes to port. You can learn more about the rules and regulations by contacting the Embassy of United Kingdom.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory