When you relocate to Arequipa and need to move your vehicle with you, you will need to hire a professional international auto transport company to take care of the overseas shipping for you. Arequipa is a beautiful city that is surrounded by spacious mountains and crossed by the Chili River from north to south. Driving is typically a pleasurable experience as roadways are usually not heavily congested as they are in other parts of Peru. You need to begin making plans in advance when you know you will need your personal vehicle in Arequipa. The transport agent will guide you through each step of the shipping process and will most likely begin with necessary paperwork that must be provided. Documents that you will need to provide to the auto transport company to ship your vehicle are:
- Original Title and Registration
- Valid Driver’s License
- Social Security Number (Card)
- If you are unable to be with your vehicle at the point of departure, you will need a signed Power of Attorney
- Automobile Insurance Certificate
Motor Vehicle Regulations for Import to Arequipa
You need to know the Motor Vehicle Regulations for Arequipa before you import your vehicle. While many areas may have stricter policies, these are the basic ones for the Arequipa region:
- Used cars cannot be older than five years
- Used diesel vehicles are not allowed
- Foreigners and returning nationals must pay duty fees on used vehicles of 79% of CIF value & 38% of CIF for new vehicles.
- Foreign and Returning Peruvian Diplomats may import one car free of duties upon receiving a Duty-Free Permit issued by the Peru Ministry of Foreign Affairs
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Paperwork for Customs Clearance
Peruvian Customs Officials will also require specific documents that must be provided for the customs clearance inspection when the vehicle arrives:
- Original Bill of Lading
- Customs Form (DUA)
- Tax ID Form (RUC)
- Title and Registration
- Insurance Policy
- Bill of Sale
- Inspection Certificate showing that the vehicle passed emissions check
- Value Declaration (owner of the vehicle may declare vehicle value)
Prior to Shipping
Before shipping your vehicle you need to make sure that your transport agent has gone over all details of the shipping process with you including the type of shipping available, the time frame you will be looking at to expect the arrival of your car in Arequipa, paperwork that must be taken care of before as well as after the car arrives and all cost associated with the entire shipping process. Once everything has been detailed, then you will be ready to sign your necessary approval documents and begin the overseas shipping process.
The Cost and Types of Shipping
The amount you will pay for shipping your car to Arequipa will be based on the distance from the U.S. port to the customs port available for Arequipa, the size and weight of your car, the way that you choose to ship the car and other costs that must be assessed with shipping, including taxes.
The two main ways to ship your car to Arequipa are:
Ro-Ro Shipping is usually the number one choice of car shipping around the world today. It’s easily accessed from most major shipping ports and is the most cost-efficient and time-saving method of shipping available. You can ship your car but you must ensure that it is emptied of anything personal including paperwork prior to leaving the shipping port.
Container Shipping is widely used when people need to move all of their household items to another country. Your car, as well as your personal effects, are packed into a large portable shipping container and then transported overseas to your new destination as quickly as possible.
You can contact U.S. Customs and they can give you all of the information pertaining to exact paperwork necessary for exporting your vehicle to Arequipa. They will also be able to direct you to information concerning U.S. export laws and other information pertaining to American citizens relocating outside of the U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?