Ship Car To Apia
The largest city in Samoa, Apia is also the capital of island nation situated in the Pacific Ocean. Located on the coast of Upolu, it is part of the Faleata East and Vaimauga West district. If you are moving to Samoa, you might be interested in importing your own vehicle for the ease of travel on the island.
Although importing the vehicle to Apia isn’t complex, there are some restrictions that you will need to consider. As Apia is a large port of Samoa, delivery of the vehicle is quick. However, it is important that you work with a leading shipping service is that they can navigate through the freight shipping procedures and adhere to the various procedures that are needed. This will help you get your vehicle delivered to you quickly. Thus, when you work with A1 Auto Transport service, we will give you a written quote so you are sure of shipping your vehicle safely and at the most affordable price. Additionally, we will help you get the documentation in order as it has to be submitted at the U.S Customs and Border Protection and at the Samoa Customs department.
It is important to consider the cost and specifications for shipping the vehicle. A1 Auto Transport service works with you at every step to ensure safe transit. You will need to decide the method of shipment and whether you need additional services of ‘door to port’ services. This ensures that we will pick your vehicle from the doorstep and deliver it to the nearest port in USA. To get more information on specific import laws of Samoa, you can contact the Embassy of Samoa in USA.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Expected cost of shipping to Samoa.
The cost is calculated on the basis of price of vehicle, freight charges and the method of shipping you select apart from the insurance on the vehicle. However, you will need to take into account the surcharges and taxes payable at Apia. The VAT and Service tax on imported vehicle is about 15% and the Customs and excise taxes vary from nil to 20%. Thus, talk with one of the shipping service representatives for an actual cost of the shipping. There are additional considerations that you need to be aware of including:
- Only right hand driven vehicles are allowed to be shipped.
- Only less than 12 year old vehicles can be imported.
However, as with international shipping, you need to ensure that all the paperwork is done as per requirement. Some of the essential documents that you need to submit include:
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
- Car Title.
- Registration documents.
- Purchase invoice with details of the vehicle.
- Proof of ownership.
Additionally, before you can select any of the shipping methods, you need to know more about the options available. Among all of the freight shipping options, the most commonly used methods include:
- Roll on, Roll off: This is the most commonly used method as it is the cheapest. The car is driven on board the ship, harnessed in the bay and then driven off at Apia. However, there are some associated limitations including no personal items or air conditioning gas within the car, steam clean the vehicle and the vehicle should be in an operable condition.
- Container shipping: This is a safer but a more expensive method to ship to Samoa. However, as the vehicle is placed with a closed container measuring anywhere from 20 feet to 40 feet, you are allowed to keep your personal items and household goods alongside it.