Located on the Geba River, just off the Atlantic Ocean lies Bissau, the largest city with a major port, and is the administrative and military center. You can bring your own personal vehicle to Guinea – Bissau with a dependable transport service like A1 Auto Transport Service.
The process takes a while so be prepared. You can help to speed things up by having the right papers filled out, know the import rules, and hire a professional transport service to help. The company you hire to ship your vehicle will prepare the Bill of Lading once the vehicle is safely loaded on board the ship. You will also need to provide a Shippers Export Declaration (SED) to the US Customs if you choose a container.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping Overseas from the US.
You will need to prepare your car for shipping. This could take at least a week in advance of the time you estimate your car to leave port. Once your car reaches port, it will be inspected before it can be loaded. The entire procedure will need to follow rules and regulation in order to avoid any delays or rejections. You will need to determine which port you will be shipping to; Port of Bolama or Port of Bissau. Hiring A1 Auto Transport Service will ensure that your vehicle will be ready for transport on time and will go to the best port available.
You will need to have the following documents in your hand in order to keep this process on track.
- Title to your vehicle.
- Vehicle Export Declaration – This must come from U.S Customs and will need to be issued before your ship out date.
- Photo ID.
- Social Security Number.
Shipping Method Options.
When you are shipping to Bissau, you will need to decide on the right shipping option for you. Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is one of the most chosen shipping options because of its cost and it is easier. In order to ship using the RO/RO method, you will need to have:
* A quarter of a tank of gas in your tank.
* Have all the documentation in a secure place in your vehicle.
* No personal items inside the car except for a spare tire, floor mats, and a set of keys.
Container shipping method is also an option for shipping a vehicle. While this option is more expensive, you can send more over at one time. This option is good if you want to send an expensive vehicle or if you are moving.
Your vehicle will need to be rolled onto the ship deck where it will be strapped down for safety during the trip. If you don’t provide all the detailed documentation, you will cause delays. Cars are always the last to be loaded onto the ship. Whoever brings in your vehicle will be responsible for bracing your car for safety on the ship. If you choose a container, you will need to make sure that the door is shut and secure.
Once the car is in Bissau, you will need to pay all import duties as well as other fees associated with your import. You will need to have a driver’s license for this country and register your vehicle there too. If you have any questions, you can contact the Embassy of Guinea – Bissau located in the U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?