Vehicle shipment to anywhere outside of the U.S. will require that certain matters be addressed and that specific documentation is presented at Customs. This isn’t as stressful as one might think because the country of Brazil doesn’t make shipping a vehicle seem impossible, unlike some foreign regions.
Belo Horizonte has an amazing road network and travel is easy. There are means of public transportation, but if deciding to stay in Belo Horizonte for a long while, having your own vehicle will be invaluable.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
A Little About Belo Horizonte.
The city of Belo Horizonte is located in the midst of mountains. It is the sixth largest city in Brazil and holds some of the most refined architecture. While most of Brazil is a beautiful place, Belo Horizonte is one of the best regions to be.
With many landmarks to see, the highways are bountiful, helping you to reach any destination in the city or its surrounding regions. While some of the roads are in poor condition, efforts are currently being made to help maintain and repair them.
What Will I Need to Ship My Vehicle?
The only vehicles allowed into Brazil are new vehicles. Nonetheless, if the car is over 30 years of age it is also permitted, considering the vehicle is a classic car or antique. All vehicles must pass an emissions test to make sure that it is within the country’s standards before entering.
Forms that are usally necessary prior to shipment include:
- title and registration.
- proof of passing the Safety and Emissions Test.
- license or picture ID.
- proof of ownership.
There might be other documentation needed which is why contacting the Embassy of Brazil will allow you to find out everything that must be presented to Customs prior to shipping.
Choices In Shipping Methods.
There are few methods of shipping a vehicle available, but two are certainly the most favorable, and less costly than other methods. Container and RO/RO shipping are the most popular choices.
- RO/RO shipping is the method of shipment that requires the vehicle to roll on and roll off of the ship. The vehicle must be empty with a few exceptions. This is the cheapest shipping method.
- Container shipping allows a person to select from a couple different sizes. The vehicle will be shipped within the container and the vehicle can be filled with belongings permissible by Brazil Customs. The container space not filled by the vehicle can also be filled with property. Individuals can share the shipping container which will help to reduce any costs.
- Air shipping is another method, but many find it too hard to afford.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?