Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Al Mukalla is a very bust port city that is filled with tiny shopping centers and markets. Moving to Al Mukalla takes careful planning as you must fully abide by customs laws in both the United States as well as in Yemen. Importing a motor vehicle to Al Mukalla will take following stringent regulations set by the government of Yemen. You will need to hire a professional international automobile transport company to handle the shipment of your car and you will need to learn the traffic laws in Al Mukalla prior to driving in the city. Road signs are usually in Arabic and the roadways are seldom paved or in good condition throughout the city. Most roads are nor paved and it is suggested to try to travel only on the primary roads and the secondary roads can be very dangerous and rough to travel through.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Hiring a Professional.
Hiring a professional automobile transport company is the only way to have a car shipped to Al Mukalla, Yemen from the United States. When you talk to the representative to start your shipment request, they will need to get some information from you in order to schedule the shipment. Information will include:
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Number.
- Signed Power of Attorney.
- Make of car.
- Model of car.
- Year of car.
- Date the car needs to arrive in Al Mukalla.
The representative will explain how shipping dates work and how long it will take for the car to arrive once it has been shipped. They will also go over the shipping contract, the insurance provided, the types of transport and the available shipping dates for each type of transport. If you will need to have your car picked up in the United States and delivered to the shipping port, the representative will be able to schedule that for you.
Prior to Shipping.
Before the motor vehicle ships out your representative will discuss vehicle preparation with you. In most instances the car will need to be cleaned inside and out. A damage inspection will be performed prior to shipping and having the car cleaned will make it easier to spot any signs of chipped or peeling paint or small dents that may be on the exterior of the car. Fuel levels should be at around a quarter tank of gas and you will want to make sure that other fluids such as antifreeze, water, oil, and other fluids are filled correctly. You will also want to make sure that your battery has a full charge and that any alarm systems are disabled before the car is loaded. You want to ensure that your car is drive ready when it is loaded so it can be driven as soon as it is delivered.
How to Transport a Car to Al Mukalla.
Al Mukalla has a large seaport as well as access to an international airport. These are the ways you can have your car delivered to the city:
- RORO – Most motor vehicles are shipped internationally on a RORO ship. RORO is a ship that cars are rolled on and off for loading and delivery. It is the fastest way to have a motor vehicle shipped overseas as there are more RORO vessels on the sea than any other type of cargo ship. This type of shipping is recommended strictly for vehicles though. You will not be able to load anything in the car nor will you be able to travel on the same ship as the car during transport.
- Containerized-Using a shipping container for automobile shipping overseas lets you pack other items inside of the car as well as inside of the container during transport. Shipping containers are very secure and offer protection for motor vehicles that is not found with open, or RORO shipping.
- Air Freight– While shipping by air is seldom used unless a motor vehicle is very expensive, it is the fastest way to have a car shipped overseas.
Your representative will assist you with information concerning all types of transport available from the location you need to ship your car from and will detail the cost of shipping and all other information necessary to schedule the shipment.
Customs in Al Mukalla.
Customs can be quite strict when importing a car to an Arab nation like Yemen. When shipping a car to Al Mukalla you need to have personal paperwork ready for customs officials prior to the car being received for inspection. Paperwork will include:
- Driver’s License.
- Tax Exemption Form if you are a diplomat.
- Import License.
- ‘Motor Vehicle Title.
- Certificate of Origin.
You can contact the Embassy of Yemen for further information regarding mandatory import documents as well as taxes and duties that will be due when shipping the car from the United States. You may also want to contact U.S. Customs as you will need to submit export paperwork to them as well.