Ship Your Car To Or From Azerbaijan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars can be shipped from the U.S. to Azerbaijan for an amount somewhere in between $2,300 and $4,500.
- Shipping itself can be relatively affordable, but vehicle imports are taxed at 20% to 30% of the value of the car, in addition to a value added tax (VAT) and customs fees, which are usually another 20%.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Azerbaijan
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Baku||$275||$4000||5+26 days|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Baku||$350||$4200||5+39 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Baku||$400||$4000||5+26 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Baku||$450||$4200||5+39 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Baku||$550||$4200||6+39 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Baku||$575||$4000||6+26 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Baku||$675||$4000||6+26 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Baku||$775||$4200||7+39 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Baku||$800||$4000||6+26 days|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Baku||$1,025||$4200||7+39 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When you move to Azerbaijan you may have reason to ship your car so you’ll have the ease of driving on your own without having to hire a driver. Thanks to the oil boom over the last 10 years, most major roadways and over half of the secondary roads in Azerbaijan are paved and easily maneuvered in a car.
In order to have your car shipped overseas, you will need to hire a transport company and then decide what type of shipping you will use, and if you will need to have your car picked up in the United States and driven to the nearest port, or if you will be driving it to the port yourself. You’ll also need to determine whether you will be at the port of entry in Azerbaijan to pick your car up or if you will need to have it delivered to your new home. When having a car shipped overseas, it isn’t the same as having it shipped state to state in the U.S. There are required documents and regulations one must abide by and paperwork that will need to be filled out. Your transport agent will be able to assist you with each step of the shipping process and can explain to you the paperwork and documents necessary for car shipping.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Azerbaijan
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Azerbaijan Motor Vehicle Regulations for Importing Vehicle
While your transport agent will be able to help you with the documents and paperwork, there are specific Motor Vehicle Regulations that are mandatory per Azerbaijan customs laws. The following are regulations that are required for importing your vehicle to Azerbaijan:
- If you will not be in Azerbaijan permanently you can have your vehicle in Azerbaijan for a period of two years. Customs will issue a certificate that is valid for one year and you will need to renew the certificate at the end of the one-year time frame.
- No taxes are assessed on privately owned vehicles shipped into Azerbaijan for temporary usage.
- Only one vehicle per family is allowed to be imported into the country.
- You may only sell your vehicle if you have paid full usage taxes and fees.
- No tinted windows are allowed in any vehicle being shipped to Azerbaijan.
- Must have Original Bill of Sale on vehicle.
- Must have Original Title of vehicle.
Required Documents For Shipping A Car To Azerbaijan
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security card.
- Original Title.
- Signed Power of Attorney if you are having the vehicle picked up or delivered.
- Original Bill of Sale.
For more information on documents that will be required for transporting or for Customs, you can contact your transport agent, or you may also contact the Azerbaijan Embassy in Washington, DC.
Before You Ship
Before you ship/export your vehicle, make sure that you have a quote from your transport agent that includes the total cost of shipping, pick-up and delivery and any fees they may have for cleaning the vehicle. Most transport agencies will require you to have the vehicle cleaned thoroughly for shipping by removing all personal items from the interior of the vehicle. There may also be exterior items that will need to be removed prior to shipping as well and your agent will determine if anything will need to be brought to your attention. If you will need to have the vehicle picked up and delivered to the exit port or picked up at the entry port in Azerbaijan, you will need to make arrangements with the transport agency to have that added onto your shipping fees.
Ways to Have Your Vehicle Shipped
There are three primary ways to have your vehicle shipped overseas. These are the types of shipping available for Azerbaijan:
- Roll-On Roll-Off (Ro-Ro) Ro-Ro shipping is the easiest and most efficient way to ship a vehicle overseas. Ro-Ro Shipping simply means that your vehicle will be driven aboard the ship at the port of exit and then driven off at the exit port. The vehicle is secured on the deck of the ship by straps or brackets and by wooden feet to ensure safety from rolling. Ro-Ro Shipping is an effective way of transporting cars, trucks, SUV’s, buses and other vehicles.
- Container Shipping- Container Shipping is great for those who need to ship personal items along with their vehicle. For a single car, you will use a 20-foot container and for 2 cars you would use a 40-foot container. If you have one car but need the extra space for personal items as well, a 40-foot container is advised. You can also share a container with other people who may be shipping their vehicles to the same destination. Container Shipping is more costly than Ro-Ro Shipping due to the fee for the container.
- Air Cargo Shipping- If you have a luxury car or freight that needs to arrive quickly, then Air Cargo Shipping is the best way to go. While Air Cargo Shipping is the most expensive way to ship overseas, it is also the quickest way to have your vehicle or personal items arrive in Azerbaijan.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Azerbaijan
When you need to ship large, oversized or heavy equipment to another country, check out the services offered by A1 Auto Transport. Our international heavy equipment shipping services are available to those looking to ship nearly any type of equipment, vehicle or piece of machinery. There’s not much we can’t ship and not many countries we have yet to ship to. So when it comes to transporting your oversized cargo from the U.S. to Azerbaijan, we can certainly help.
Types of Heavy Equipment We Can Transport Overseas
Some of the heavy equipment we have experience shipping includes but isn’t limited to...
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Dump trucks
- Hydraulic equipment
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Agricultural equipment & machinery
The shipping services for heavy equipment are slightly higher since there are more risks involved with its delivery due to its larger size and weight. To see if your cargo is considered as oversized or heavy equipment, simply give us a call.
Methods of International Transport for Heavy Equipment
The methods of international transport for oversized cargo available to you through A1 will depend on the type of heavy equipment you’d like to have shipped to Azerbaijan. We will certainly help you make a decision as to what method is best for your future transport, however here is some information regarding the shipping services we have available…
- The Lift On/Lift Off method of transport is also referred to as LoLo shipping. It is a reasonable prices shipping services that requires the help of a crane. We will secure your large inoperable vehicle or crated heavy equipment before allowing the crane to lift it onto or off of the boat.
- The Roll On/Roll Off shipping method, also known as RoRo is the least expensive shipping service we offer. This is an open air shipping service that will require your vehicle to be operable. The large equipment will need to roll onto and off of the boat using a ramp.
- The Flat Rack shipping method is recommended to those wishing for the utmost security. With this shipping method, your cargo is secured to an open rack or metal frame. It is then carefully placed on top of the cargo ship.
- Container shipping is perhaps the most expensive yet it isn’t available to all those looking for overseas heavy equipment shipping services. If your cargo can fit inside of a 40ft shipping container despite its heavier weight, than you may be eligible for this service. Container shipping provides the ultimate protection from outside elements during the cargo’s transport.