Ship Your Car To Or From Azerbaijan.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars can be shipped from the U.S. to Azerbaijan for an amount somewhere in between $2,300 and $4,500.
- Shipping itself can be relatively affordable, but vehicle imports are taxed at 20% to 30% of the value of the car, in addition to a value added tax (VAT) and customs fees, which are usually another 20%.
When you move to Azerbaijan you may have reason to ship your car so you’ll have the ease of driving on your own without having to hire a driver. Thanks to the oil boom over the last 10 years, most major roadways and over half of the secondary roads in Azerbaijan are paved and easily maneuvered in a car.
In order to have your car shipped overseas, you will need to hire a transport company and then decide what type of shipping you will use, and if you will need to have your car picked up in the United States and driven to the nearest port, or if you will be driving it to the port yourself. You’ll also need to determine whether you will be at the port of entry in Azerbaijan to pick your car up or if you will need to have it delivered to your new home. When having a car shipped overseas, it isn’t the same as having it shipped state to state in the U.S. There are required documents and regulations one must abide by and paperwork that will need to be filled out. Your transport agent will be able to assist you with each step of the shipping process and can explain to you the paperwork and documents necessary for car shipping.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Azerbaijan.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Azerbaijan Motor Vehicle Regulations for Importing Vehicle.
While your transport agent will be able to help you with the documents and paperwork, there are specific Motor Vehicle Regulations that are mandatory per Azerbaijan customs laws. The following are regulations that are required for importing your vehicle to Azerbaijan:
- If you will not be in Azerbaijan permanently you can have your vehicle in Azerbaijan for a period of two years. Customs will issue a certificate that is valid for one year and you will need to renew the certificate at the end of the one-year time frame.
- No taxes are assessed on privately owned vehicles shipped into Azerbaijan for temporary usage.
- Only one vehicle per family is allowed to be imported into the country.
- You may only sell your vehicle if you have paid full usage taxes and fees.
- No tinted windows are allowed in any vehicle being shipped to Azerbaijan.
- Must have Original Bill of Sale on vehicle.
- Must have Original Title of vehicle.
Required Documents For Shipping A Car To Azerbaijan.
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security card.
- Original Title.
- Signed Power of Attorney if you are having the vehicle picked up or delivered.
- Original Bill of Sale.
For more information on documents that will be required for transporting or for Customs, you can contact your transport agent, or you may also contact the Azerbaijan Embassy in Washington, DC.
Before You Ship.
Before you ship/export your vehicle, make sure that you have a quote from your transport agent that includes the total cost of shipping, pick-up and delivery and any fees they may have for cleaning the vehicle. Most transport agencies will require you to have the vehicle cleaned thoroughly for shipping by removing all personal items from the interior of the vehicle. There may also be exterior items that will need to be removed prior to shipping as well and your agent will determine if anything will need to be brought to your attention. If you will need to have the vehicle picked up and delivered to the exit port or picked up at the entry port in Azerbaijan, you will need to make arrangements with the transport agency to have that added onto your shipping fees.
Ways to Have Your Vehicle Shipped.
There are three primary ways to have your vehicle shipped overseas. These are the types of shipping available for Azerbaijan:
- Roll-On Roll-Off (Ro-Ro) Ro-Ro shipping is the easiest and most efficient way to ship a vehicle overseas. Ro-Ro Shipping simply means that your vehicle will be driven aboard the ship at the port of exit and then driven off at the exit port. The vehicle is secured on the deck of the ship by straps or brackets and by wooden feet to ensure safety from rolling. Ro-Ro Shipping is an effective way of transporting cars, trucks, SUV’s, buses and other vehicles.
- Container Shipping– Container Shipping is great for those who need to ship personal items along with their vehicle. For a single car, you will use a 20-foot container and for 2 cars you would use a 40-foot container. If you have one car but need the extra space for personal items as well, a 40-foot container is advised. You can also share a container with other people who may be shipping their vehicles to the same destination. Container Shipping is more costly than Ro-Ro Shipping due to the fee for the container.
- Air Cargo Shipping– If you have a luxury car or freight that needs to arrive quickly, then Air Cargo Shipping is the best way to go. While Air Cargo Shipping is the most expensive way to ship overseas, it is also the quickest way to have your vehicle or personal items arrive in Azerbaijan.
Related Information & FAQs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory