Ship Car To Cagayan de Oro
Ship Your Car To Or From Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Located in the Philippines, Cagayan de Oro is a highly urban and chartered city in the Misamis Oriental. Its borders include Opol on the western side, Tagoloan on the eastern side, Bukidnon as well as Lanao del Norte toward the southern end.
The one factor that everyone is concerned with is the import tax which in some cases can be more than the value of the car itself. While it may sound complicated, importing your vehicle from the United States to the Philippines is not difficult to do. By hiring A-1 Auto Transport Service, you can predict a smooth transition while you take care of other business. Port of Manila is the largest port in the Philippines that accepts shipments, such as vehicles. There are small to medium sized ports that vehicles can also be shipped to whenever it is possible and Port of Batangas is one of them. To get the latest updates on the current import laws, contact the Embassy of Philippines or call us at A-1 Auto Transport service.
Specific Auto Import Regulations
There are a few things you need to know before shipping a car to the Philippines. Before you begin, you should familiarize yourself with the small details that can cause big problems if you don’t follow them. If you want to bring your vehicle to the Philippines when you travel there, you can expect to pay between $2500 and $4000. This total will depend on several factors and could actually be more. Here are a few of the most important:
- Taxes will be charged on all imports going into the Philippines. Duties and fees are charged at a rate depending on the value of your vehicle.
- If the vehicle is being transported on a ship, the import charges may run P $30.55 based on per revenue ton.
- If the vehicle is being transported on a government owned wharf, then the Port Authority will also charge a single fee that is based on per metric/revenue ton. You will need to pay this amount to your shipping agent, A1 Auto Transport Service. For example, a car will cost a minimum of P$10.00.
- You will need to be present at the port to pick up your vehicle. No vehicle can be left there at the port unattended.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents for Shipping a Vehicle to the Philippines
When transporting a vehicle to the Philippines from the United States, you will need to bring with you a certain amount of documents or copies of documents. These will include:
- Import authority permit
- Your passport listing your arrival/departure dates
- Bill of Sale or the valid proof of purchase will be accepted too.
- Vehicle registration
- The engine number
- Commercial sale invoice
Restrictions on Shipping Cars to the Philippines
Any vehicle shipped from the United States to the Philippines will need to obtain an Import Authority permit first. You can pick these permits up at the Philippine Bureau of Import Service or as your agent from A-1 Auto Transport Service to pick it up for you. You will need to provide proof that you have lived outside of the Philippines for at least one year. If your vehicle is not older than three years, the vehicle will need to be in your name for a minimum of six months prior to arriving in the country. If a vehicle is less than one year, the vehicle will need to be in your possession for that amount of time. Only one vehicle per family allowed.