The most populous city and commercial capital of Ivory Coast, Abidjan is a highly urban and industrial city. Although it was the erstwhile capital of the country, most of the foreign embassies and headquarters of the leading companies remain here. Whether you are a returning citizen, on a work permit or moving due to personal reasons, having our personal vehicle here can be of help. With a fairly well-maintained road network, driving is easy and you can ship your vehicle from USA. Partially bordered by the panoramic Gulf of Guinea, you can opt for ocean bound freight shipping.
Important requirements for shipping car
To start with, it is essential that you hire the services of a reliable international shipping service like A1 Auto transport service. The benefits include complete understanding of the import laws and regulations and with a wide network of shipping agents; we can help you get the custom cleared faster. Additionally you can browse online at Customs department of Cote D’Ivoire to get the latest information regarding shipping cars. However, some of the essential paperwork and documents that need to be submitted include:
- Vehicle registration deed
- Insurance certificates and related documents
- Passport and driving license of owner
- Documents proving appraised value of the car
- Purchase vouchers and invoice
- Residence/work permit
Additionally, there are specific guidelines and criteria that need to be met and followed for the car to be successfully moved from USA to Abidjan. It is important to contact Embassy of Cote D’Ivoire to understand the regulations as shipment is only possible when all facets are met.
Methods of shipment
Usually, the two main methods of vehicle shipment on ocean bound freight shipping include RORO and enclosed container shipment. These are not as expensive as air shipping but equally reliable and insured.
- RORO: You will need to steam-clean the vehicle, empty it of all personal accessories and possessions. The air conditioning gas has to be removed before it is cleared for shipping. Only an extra set of keys, car jack, floor mats, ¼th tank of gas and spare tire are allowed. The car is driven on the deck and off the ship and secured on the deck during the transit, along with other vehicles.
- Enclosed container shipping: This is a more expensive method as your vehicle is put into a personalized container. These are 20 feet or 40 feet containers and apart from the car you can pack your household goods. Then it is sealed for transit. However, it is essential that you do not keep any item in it that is prohibited in West Africa.
As the Port will not hold any vehicle, you or an authorized representative will have to take the delivery of the vehicle. If you authorize A1 Auto Transport service, we will ensure that the process is completed by one of our licensed agents. To know more about the procedures and duties that have to be paid at the Customs, please contact the Embassy of Cote D’Ivoire.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?