- Car Shipping Armenia
- Ship Your Car To Or From Armenia
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Armenia
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Armenia
- Import Recommendations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Armenia
- Shipping Methods
- Main Ports Of Arrival
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Armenia
Ship Your Car To Or From Armenia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Standard car shipping costs to Armenia fall between $2,000 and $5,000 for most vehicles.
- There have been recent changes to the value added tax that Armenia charges on vehicle imports so we encourage our readers to get a free cost estimate for the most accurate figures.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Armenia
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Yerevan||$200||$3700||5+39 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Yerevan||$400||$3500||5+26 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Yerevan||$450||$3700||5+39 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Yerevan||$475||$3700||6+39 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Gyumri||$550||$3700||6+39 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Gyumri||$550||$3500||5+26 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Yerevan||$575||$3500||6+26 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Gyumri||$675||$3500||6+26 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Gyumri||$775||$3700||7+39 days|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Yerevan||$1,075||$3500||7+26 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping/exporting your car to Armenia from the United States is a bit of a complicated process, but with the proper preparation, it can be completed securely. One of the main issues that you will have to deal with in shipping/exporting your vehicle to Armenia from the United States is its geographical location, as it's highly mountainous.
Situated in the South Caucasus area that is in between Eastern Europe and Western Asia, Armenia, with a population of 3,018,000 million, shares borders with Turkey, Georgia, Iran, and Azerbaijan. Despite the tumultuous area in which it is located, Armenia is a relatively safe country to do business with, though it does experience occasional tensions with Azerbaijan. Hard hit by the recent global crisis, it has seen its poverty rate go up in the past few years, though the government of Armenia has been enacting measures to rectify this.
Since it gained its independence from the Soviet Union in 1990, Armenia has changed its economic environment significantly. With its government aggressively pursuing economic and social reforms, Armenia has shifted to a market-based economy.
A-1 Auto will be able to make sure that your vehicle arrives in Armenia in a timely fashion.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Armenia
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Armenian is the main language spoken in the country, with Russian being the most widely-spoken second language. However, English has been growing in popularity in recent years. While many involved in government, including the customs officers, speak some level of English, oftentimes, it's only at a basic level. You will need an agent like A-1 Auto to make sure that there aren't any communication issues involved.
One of the main things to note about Armenia is that it is a landlocked country. This means that your car will have to be shipped by ocean freight to one of its bordering countries and then transported via land into Armenia and your final destination. This can take a considerable amount of time, even up to a month, so it's important to plan ahead and start the process as quickly as possible if you need your vehicle delivered by a certain date.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Armenia
To import your automobile into Armenia, you will need the following documents:
- Proof of Ownership of the Vehicle
- Purchase Invoice / Bill of Sale (Price, Date, and Location of Original Purchase)
- Certificate of Registration
- Copy of Passport
- Inspection Certification (Vehicle is in Working Order and Meets Technical Specifications)
- Proof of Residency / Visa
*You must be present in Armenia at the scheduled arrival date of your shipment.
As mentioned, since Armenia is a landlocked country, you will have to go through a two-step process to have your vehicle shipped from the United States. The ocean freight shipment options are the following:
- Roll-On and Roll-Off Service: The most inexpensive and convenient option, car deck storage ensures your vehicle is safe and sound until it reaches its final port of call. When they get there, they'll load the car into a specialized transport van bound for Armenia. Using this option for delivery to Armenia has the potential drawback of adding extra time to your shipment's already lengthy journey compared to the Container Service.
- Container Service: The Container Service will be a bit more expensive, but it'll help save you time on the journey since it arrives much faster. Your car will be placed in its very own special container, which you can also use to place other goods that you want to be shipped as well.
A-1 Auto can help you not to ship it but can arrange for its land transportation as well.
Main Ports of Arrival
The main port countries that you can ship to from the United States in the vicinity of Armenia are:
It's recommended to choose Georgia since it's the most Western-friendly out of the four countries.
The duty fee will be a total of around 30%, though A-1 Auto will work to make the cost as low as possible.
For more information, please visit this page.