- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Mexico - Average Cost To Ship A Car To Mexico
- Popular Vehicle Shipping Destinations Car To Mexico Delivered With Ease!
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mexico - Guide To Exporting Cars To Mexico
- Shipping & Automobile Transportation Methods To Mexico
- Upon Arrival In Mexico
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo Vehicle To Mexico
- International Shipping Options Through A1 - How Much Does It Cost To Import A Car From Mexico?
- Other Services Ship Cars To Mexico
- Related Information & Faqs
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Transport costs for a vehicle going to Mexico from the U.S. can be as little as a few hundred dollars to as much as $3,000 or more.
- Much of the cost is dictated by the distance, which mainly relies on where the vehicle is being shipped to and from within the U.S. and Mexico.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Mexico - Average Cost to Ship a Car to Mexico
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Altamira||$275||$1,600||5+12|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Ensenada||$350||$2,500||5+5|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Manzanillo||$450||$2,500||5+6|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Manzanillo||$475||$2,500||6+6|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Manzanillo||$550||$2,500||6+6|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Altamira||$550||$1,600||5+12|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Veracruz||$575||$1,700||7+12|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Veracruz||$675||$1,700||7+12|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Altamira||$925||$1,600||7+12|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Ensenada||$1,025||$2,500||7+5|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When exporting a vehicle to Mexico, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Mexico has a climate that varies from desert-like to tropical, depending on how close or far away from the coast you are located. The northwest part of the country is very arid, dry, and hot, while the coastal areas are more humid, wet, and warm. Mexico City has pleasant summers and mild winters. May is generally the hottest month of the year, while January is usually the coldest, as some nights allow frost to form on cars. July is the wettest month, while February is the driest. It would probably be best to transport your car sometime in between these two extremes.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any delays that may occur. It is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Mexico.
It is easy to navigate through Mexico and have positive relations with such a country that has such strong history and ties with the U.S.
Mexico is benefitting from increased imported goods and tourism, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country are quite strong.
Popular Vehicle Shipping Destinations: Car to Mexico Delivered with Ease!
Efficient and Reliable Car Shipping Solutions for a Seamless Car Journey to Mexico
|Acapulco||Guadalajara||Monterrey||San Luis Potosi|
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mexico - Guide to exporting cars to Mexico
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
- Bill of lading.
- Driver's license.
- Shipper ID.
Visit the Mexico Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Mexico.
Mexican banks are closed on both Saturdays and Sundays.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a rapid auto-shipping process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Shipping & Automobile Transportation Methods To Mexico
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Vehicle Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way to shp car to Mexico.
- Container Car Shipping: Many people who export autos to Mexico also send household goods and other belongings there using this service. The car is either brought to the customer house or dropped off at a depot. Customers can choose between renting a private container (often 20 or 40 feet in length) and using the extra room to store their own belongings or opting to share a container with another vehicle and saving money. Added costs result from the increased number of precautions that must be taken.
- Vehicle Shipping Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Mexico before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Mexico. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Mexico
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Mexico.
- Driving in Mexico: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Mexico are as quickly as possible. American and Canadian ID’s are valid throughout the state of Mexico. Keep in mind that there are many travel advisories regarding traveling through certain crime-ridden areas of the country, including border towns such as Ciudad Juarez.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.
Read more about Mexico vehicle registration process here.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo Vehicle To Mexico
Anyone in need of the greatest, most affordable international shipping services is in luck. A1 Auto Transport is a worldwide shipping company equipped to handle the delivery of nearly anything including household goods, vehicles, heavy equipment, and oversized cargo. So if you want to transport heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Mexico from the U.S., we’ve got you covered. Some of the equipment we have shipped overseas in the past includes…
|Loaders||Graders||Yachts and Pontoon Boats||RVs|
|Engines||Mining Equipment||Asphalt Pavers||Skidders|
It doesn’t matter to us what it is you are shipping, we encourage you to give us a call. We are sure we can find a shipping solution for you. Not to mention, as licensed transport specialists, we provide each of our customers with insurance coverage according to state minimum. For additional protection, we offer other insurance plans at low extra costs.
International Shipping Options through A1 - How much does it cost to import a car from Mexico?
A1 Auto Transport offers various shipping services to those transporting large or heavy cargo internationally. Conditional on the type of cargo you would like to have delivered to Mexico, only some of our services may be available to you. After you give us details regarding the equipment or cargo you’d like to ship we can tell you which options are open to you. Our shipping specialists will guide you with your decisions and make sure you are well-informed of what’s available to you. They will even give you their professional recommendations. Here are all the overseas transport methods we have to offer:
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Container Shipping
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping
Only one of the above shipping methods is an enclosed service. Container transport tends to cost a little more than the open air services available due to the extra security provided. However, to use this method for your cargo’s delivery, it must fit into a 40ft container.
Out of the open air shipping methods, flat rack transport is the safest. For this shipping method to ship car to Mexico, your cargo is strapped tightly to a metal frame. Ro/Ro Shipping is the least expensive method yet it’s only offered to those shipping operable, functioning equipment and vehicles. Lo/Lo Shipping is for anyone with crated cargo or inoperable equipment that must have a crane lift it on the ship.
Other Services : Ship Cars To Mexico
Related Information & FAQs
- Ship your car to Mexico City with a reliable transport company
- The price of shipping acar to Mexico from the US
- Why should I use professionals to ship a car to Mexico from the US?
- How can I find out the cost of shipping a car to Mexico?
- Is shipping a car to Cancun, Mexico a good idea?
- How much to legalize a car in Mexico?
- How to ship an ATV to Mexico
- Permanently import a vehicle to Mexico
- Cost of shipping from Mexico to the US