Ship Car To Mexico
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Shipping A Car To Mexico From The United States.
Shipping A Car To Mexico.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Transport costs for a vehicle going to Mexico from the U.S. can be as little as a few hundred dollars to as much as $3,000 or more.
- Much of the cost is dictated by the distance, which mainly relies on where the vehicle is being shipped to and from within the U.S. and Mexico.
When exporting a vehicle to Mexico, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Mexico has a climate that varies from desert-like to tropical, depending on how close or far away from the coast you are located. The northwest part of the country is very arid, dry, and hot, while the coastal areas are more humid, wet, and warm. Mexico City has pleasant summers and mild winters. May is generally the hottest month of the year, while January is usually the coldest, as some nights allow frost to form on cars. July is the wettest month, while February is the driest. It would probably be best to transport your car sometime in between these two extremes.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. It is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Mexico.
It is easy to navigate through Mexico and have positive relations with such a country that has such strong history and ties with the U.S.
Mexico is benefitting from increased imported goods and tourism, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country are quite strong.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
- Mexico City
- San Luis Potosi
- Tuxtla Gutierrez
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mexico.
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
- Bill of lading.
- Driver’s license.
- Shipper ID.
Visit the Mexico Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Mexico.
Mexican banks are closed on both Saturdays and Sundays.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Mexico.
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Mexico.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Mexico. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Mexico before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Mexico. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Mexico.
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Mexico.
- Driving in Mexico: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Mexico are as quickly as possible. American and Canadian ID’s are valid throughout the state of Mexico. Keep in mind that there are many travel advisories regarding traveling through certain crime-ridden areas of the country, including border towns such as Ciudad Juarez.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.
Read more about Mexico vehicle registration process here.
Related Information & FAQs
- Ship your car to Mexico City with a reliable transport company
- The price of shipping a car to Mexico from the US
- Why should I use professionals to ship a car to Mexico from the US?
- How can I find out the cost of shipping a car to Mexico?
- Is shipping a car to Cancun, Mexico a good idea?
- How much to legalize a car in Mexico?
- How to ship an ATV to Mexico
- Permanently import a vehicle to Mexico
- Cost of shipping from Mexico to the USA