Ship Car To Paisley
Paisley is a large town located in the historic part of Renfrewshire, the west central part of the lowlands of Scotland. Paisley is the administrative center for Renfrewshire council.
Paisley is situated on the north edge of the Gleniffer Braes and straddles the banks between the White Cart water and the Clyde River.
There are ample opportunities available for both citizens returning to Scotland and students searching for their education. Once you come to Scotland, you will want to make sure that you have your own transportation with you. To import your vehicle, you simply need to start the process by completing the necessary paperwork and contact A1 Auto Transport Service to help you ship your vehicle to Paisley, the closest location.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for vehicle import.
The rules and regulations of importing a vehicle follow the rules and regulations of the United Kingdom. There are two regulations that govern the auto imports to Scotland, which include Road Vehicle Regulations of 1986 and of 1989. You will need to follow all rules and regulations set forth in environmental as well as safety of the United Kingdom. You will face many fees when importing your vehicle. You will find many fees as well as custom taxes that will need to be paid ahead of time in order to import. A1 Auto Transport Service will be able to assist you in your goal to import your vehicle.
The VAT is charged to vehicles that are imported. The amount you are charged will depend on the size of your vehicle engine, the emissions, as well as the parameter. There are exemptions to these fees based on the following conditions:
- You are moving to Paisley for good
- You are importing a vehicle that was officially exported in the past
- You are importing your car for less than six months
You will find the paperwork available on HM Revenue and Customs to see if you are tax exempt. If your vehicle is over ten years old, there are rules and regulations to keep up with. There are emissions laws in effect that will need to be adhered to in order to proceed with your import.
Documentation and Procedures of Importing.
In order to import your vehicle, you want to first notify customs to let them know ahead of time to expect it. You can notify customs through the notification of vehicle arrives, or NOVA. You will need to submit the European Certificate of Conformity that you obtained earlier. If your vehicle is a left hand drive vehicle, you will need a certificate of Mutual Recognition. If you want to move here on a permanent basis, you will need to determine when you plan to move your household goods. If you are moving to Paisley permanently, you can consider your vehicle as part of your household goods, which are not taxed. You can qualify for your vehicle being part of your household goods if:
- You are moving to Paisley permanently.
- You have been in the United States living for at least one year.
- You are the owner of the vehicle.
- You have owned the vehicle for at least six months.
- You have no liens against the vehicle and all taxes are paid up to date.
- You do not have any intentions of selling your vehicle for one year after moving.
You will also need to provide Scottish customs department with the following documentation:
- Proof of ownership.
- Your driver’s license.
- Your passport.
- Insurance proof.
Additionally, to get the final quote, you will need to select the right shipping methods. You are required to pick from:
- Roll On/ Roll Off: You can choose the most affordable way to ship your vehicle to Paisley by choosing the Roll On/ Roll Off service. This type of shipping method drives your vehicle up on the deck of the ship where it is fastened down so it doesn’t roll around while shipping.
- Container Shipping: With container shipping, also the more expensive way of shipping, your vehicle is more secure. It is placed inside of a container where you can fill it the rest of the way up with personal household items before it is then loaded up on the ship and place carefully. Your vehicle will be protected while inside the container.
You will need to select Marine Cargo Insurance in addition to your current insurance policy in order to keep your rates low. You can contact the Embassy of United Kingdom for more information or you can call A1 Auto Transport Service for more details.