Al Basrah is a city which has its location on the Shatt al-Arab river. It is also the main port of the country of Iraq but it doesn’t really have any deep water access – this is covered by the Umm Qasr port. Al Basrah is also the second largest city of the country after Baghdad.
Even though currently there is a lot of tension, many people from the United States travel to Iraq for prolonged stays. The reasons are mainly professional – journalists and other fields of expertise. However, regardless of the particular cause having a vehicle there is beneficial. The fact that Iraq has an abundance of roadways is also contributing factor. Most of the roadways are paved but it’s quite easy to reach every point in the country. This is why having your own car there is going to be advantageous.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways to ship your car from the States to Iraq.
Even though shipping a car to Iraq could be overwhelming, it’s still not impossible. If you manage to find a reputable company and select the proper shipping method, you should be good to go. That is where A1 Auto Transport service steps in. Just make sure that you have everything prepared in terms of documentation and we’ll take over the rest. The Embassy of Iraq should be able to provide you with current and relevant information.
- Proof of purchase and ownership.
- Registration as well as title deed.
- Insurance proof.
- Duties Paid receipt.
- License, Passport and a Picture ID.
It’s likely that you are going to need other documentation as well so it’s better to contact the Customs of the country for further information. You should be aware that only vehicles which are less than 2 years old are permitted to enter Iraq. There are duties and taxes which are going to amount to about 8%-10% depending upon the cost of insurance, price of the vehicle and the shipping charges.
Ways to transport your vehicle.
You can ship your car through air transport, RO/RO shipping and container shipping. Even though all of the ways are convenient, not a lot of people can afford air shipping.
RO/RO is by far the less expensive way to go. It would require you to completely empty out the vehicle and leave nothing but your car jack, floor mats and spare tire. It’s also important to know that RO/RO shipping is not going to get accepted in all of the ports.
Container shipping allows you to ship other personal items along your vehicle. The items can be stored within the container itself. You can choose from containers with different sizes and you can share them with other people. This allows you to reduce the costs in half. However, check with A1 Auto Transport company before sharing the container.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory