Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from France
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Do you want to export your vehicle to France from the United States?
Shipping A Car To France.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars shipped to France from the United States cost between $1,800 and $4,100.
- If you’re shipping from the West Coast, it usually costs around $1,000 to first ship the vehicle to a port in on the East Coast for delivery to France.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car toFrance
|San Jose, CA to|
(California port) to Le Havre
|New York, NY to|
(New York port) to Le Havre
|Boston, MA to (New York port)|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port)|
to Le Havre
|Seattle, WA to|
(California port) to Le Havre
|Detroit, MI to|
(New York port) to Le Havre
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port)|
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port)|
to Le Havre
|Dallas, TX to (California port)|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping a car internationally can seem like a daunting process, but with the right information and a reputable car transport company, it can be done in a smooth and efficient process.
The great news is there are a variety of resources and tools at your disposal, the website for the French Embassy in Washington being by far the most helpful (http://www.ambafrance-us.org/spip.php?article782).
The most general rules apply to private vehicles, which consist, for all intents and purposes, of motor cars designed to transport people, and also include motorcycles. Other rules and restrictions apply to vehicles for other purposes, such as trucks.
Call Us Today 1-800-518-8708 Or Fill Out The Form On The Upper Right Hand Side Of The Page For A FREE Quote
Important Information to Note.
- Customs duties are due for ALL vehicles that are imported to France from the USA, and must be paid at the port of entry
- A Value Added Tax (VAT) will also be assessed and that is a uniform applicable rate of 19.6% (also collected at the port of entry by the French Customs and Excise Service)
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To France
- Original title with VIN.
- License plate numbers.
- Inventory or packing list.
- Proof of residence.
- Registration card.
- Original title.
- Purchase invoice.
- Customs entry certificate (#846 A)
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular France Shipping Destinations
- Le Havre
Custom Duty Calculations
Unlike many countries, where the customs duties are varied and therefore hard to determine ahead of time, France offers a simple formula, so you can be prepared as to what to expect. Please note, that these results are only estimates, and you should always verify directly with French Customs before shipping your vehicle.
All of the percentages listed below are based on the value of the imported vehicle, verified by either a commercial invoice showing transaction value (tax excluded), plus (if applicable) the cost of transport and insurance, and the value of any equipment incorporated in the vehicle.
- Automobiles: 10% Customs Duty.
- Motor Homes: 10% Customs Duty.
- Motorcycles: 9% Customs Duty.
- House Trailers/Trailers: 5.3% Customs Duty.
If you cannot provide a commercial invoice showing the value of the vehicle, the value will be assessed by a publication similar to Kelley Blue Book, or the manufacturer’s selling price of your vehicle.
Call Us Today 1-800-518-8708Or Fill Out The Form On The Upper Right Hand Side Of The Page For A FREE Quote
- Current registration of the vehicle
- A commercial invoice, if available
- You should receive a copy of the import declaration, a custom entry certificate, and a receipt upon clearing Customs
- You are required to register your vehicle in France within 4 months of the vehicle arriving
Start your planning early and make sure to verify any changes in policy before you begin, but if you follow the steps and instructions listed above, you should have an easy go of it.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To France
It’s not easy shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo on your own especially if it must be shipped all the way to France. That’s why A1 Auto Transport has been helping people with their national and international transports for decades. With our access to state of the art transport equipment and the most modern shipping technology, our highly trained employees are capable of shipping all types of cargo anywhere in the world.
Examples of Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo We’re Able to Transport
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Dump Trucks
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Oversized Engines
- Pile Drivers
- Large Engines
- Yachts & Pontoon Boats
- Large Trucks & Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment
- Mining Equipment
Anytime you purchase shipping services through a licensed transport company, you are assured to be provided with at least the state minimum of insurance coverage. A1 offers additional insurance packages if you wish for more protection.
Overseas Transport Methods Offered through A1
A1 Auto Transport has four methods of transport for shipping heavy or large cargo overseas. The methods available to you depend on the type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you plan on transporting to France. Our professionals will help you with your choices when you call in to schedule your shipping process but below is a little insight on all of our international shipping options.
- Container Transport– This transport method is our most expensive option. However, it provides the utmost security. Your cargo is protected from outdoor elements such as inclement weather since it is shielded by walls and a ceiling.
- Flat Rack Shipping– Your cargo is fastened to a metal frame or flat rack then placed atop the ship. This extra security prevents the cargo from moving and shifting during its transport.
- Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo)– This method is recommended to those with inoperable vehicles as well as those with crated heavy equipment. A crane is used to lift the cargo onto and off of the ship carefully.
- Roll On/Roll Off (RoRo)– This open air service is the least expensive shipping method we have available and is typically offered to those with operable equipment and vehicles. Ground methods of transport are usually paired with this method especially if the nation’s seaports do not accept RoRo imports.
Related Information & FAQs
- Overseas Moving Services to France
- Shipping a car from the USA to France – What is the cost?
- Is it worth the cost of transport service to ship a car to France?
- Tell me why I should ship my car to France from the US using the container shipping method
- What are some of the most convenient transport services to ship my car to France?
- What common shipping mistakes must I avoid when I ship my car to France?
- What should I know before I ship a car to France from the USA?
- Import vehicle into USA from France
- Cheapest way to ship a car to France
- Container shipping to France
- Importing a car into France from the USA
- Ship an ATV to France
- Ship an RV to France
- Ship boat to France
- Container shipping from France to USA
- Exporting a vehicle from the USA to France
- How much does it cost to ship a container to France
- How to get a certificate of conformity for France