A major city, Abomey-Calavi has its location in the Atlantique district of Benin. It is Cotonou suburb which has its closest point about 18 km from the center of the city. In case you are planning to move on a long term basis or permanently for work or other reasons, having your personal vehicle can be an asset.
There are certain things that you have to be aware of if you are going to export a vehicle from the US to the country of Benin. The traffic can be rather unpredictable. Most of the main roads are going to be paved but the secondary ones are definitely not. You are going to have the accurate paperwork filled out when you are ready to relocate the car.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motor Vehicle laws in Benin.
Apart from having the required paperwork and documentation you would also have to be familiar with the Vehicle Regulations in the country in order to import your vehicle. These are as follows:
- Taxes have to be paid on all of the new vehicles. The cost of shipping is based on the value of the vehicle, the model and make, the year as well as the size and the accessories.
- You would have to possess the original Bill of Sale which shows the weight in kilograms as well as the numbers of the engine and the chassis, the size of the engine.
- Each person can import only one vehicle
In order to get approval you are going to present the following documentation:
- Undersigned non-sale certificate which states that you are not going to sell the car to anyone else.
- Original Title and registration.
- Bill of Sale.
- Invoice of Freight from A1 Auto Transport service.
For any further documentation and information you can contact the Embassy of Benin located in Washington DC.
Before you ship the vehicle.
Before you ship or export your vehicle you will need a quote from the shipping agency regarding the chosen method of transportation. You are going to have the required paperwork ready and you would have to prepare the car itself for the shipping. The agent is also supposed to go over the types of shipping in regard to your final destination. He would also have to inform you about the specifics regarding the things you would need to do in order to prepare the car for shipping. Other arrangements for picking the car up are also required. For any further information or documentation you can speak directly to your transport agent or you can get in touch with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Methods of shipping.
- Container shipping – this particular way entails that your car is going to be loaded into a particular container and loaded on to the ship. This is a great option if you have any personal items which need to be shipped in addition to your car. You are also able to share a container or you can use one on your own.
- Ro-Ro Shipping, or also known as Roll-on/Roll-Off shipping is the cheapest way to go and it is also the fastest way to get your car overseas. The vehicle is going to be practically driven onto the carrier ship and fastened into one place. It is then going to be driven off once the ship reaches the exit port.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?