Ship Your Car To Or From Brazil
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Transporting a standard sized vehicle to Brazil from the United States generally costs between $2,400 and $4,500 when done using a shipping container.
- Shipping containers can be used to ship other goods besides a vehicle and most containers can accommodate more than one car.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Brazil
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Sao Paulo||$200||$3,200||5+34 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Belo Horizonte||$400||$2,900||5+23 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Salvador||$450||$2,900||5+25 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Porto Alegre||$550||$3,200||6+34 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Rio de Janeiro||$550||$3,000||6+32 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Fortaleza||$575||$2,500||6+29 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Itapoa port||$675||$2,500||6+29 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Belo Horizonte||$775||$3,600||7+31 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Itapoa port||$925||$2,500||7+29 days|
|Denver, CO to (New York port) to Manaus||$1,175||$2,400||8+23 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Brazil conducts a great deal of ocean-going commerce with the rest of the world, partly because it is enjoying a boom in its status as a manufacturing giant, and because its nearly 5,000 mile long eastern coastline provides numerous ports for that commerce. Obviously that means the country itself is very large, so the choice of a Brazilian destination port will be very important so as to avoid a long, arduous drive after arriving in the country.
Most vehicles shipped into Brazil will be shipped via the Roll-on/Roll-off ships, which are equipped with ramps so vehicles can be driven on and off under their own power. Older classic cars may not be fully functional and may require Lift-on/Lift-off transportation, wherein a crane would place the vehicle on and off the ship at port. A third alternative would be container shipping, which allows for a vehicle to be transported in an appropriately sized container that protects it during shipping, but it considerably more expensive.
Something else to consider when shipping/exporting your car to Brazil is the U.S. port of origin, from which the vehicle will be shipped. On the west coast, Oakland, Los Angeles, and Seattle are major port cities, and on the east coast, Norfolk, New York City, and Miami are very busy. On the Gulf of Mexico, Houston is a large commercial center for international shipping. This is important because your vehicle must somehow get to this port of origin so that it can be shipped.
Some transport companies offer door-to-terminal pickup service, which means they will pick up your vehicle right at your home and get it to the shipping point. This is a service which must be paid for however, and the alternative would be for you to drive the vehicle to the shipping port yourself.
- Belo Horizonte
- Distrito Federal e Enterno
- Porto Alegre
- Rio de Janeiro
- Sao Paulo
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Brazil
The Brazilian government will allow anyone to ship/import a vehicle into the country, but it also requires that only new cars be allowed into the country. The exception to this is a car that is thirty years old or more because it is considered to have classic or antique status. Another restriction is that all incoming vehicles must meet the country’s standards for safety and emission control. Your shipping company should be aware of these standards or will be able to contact the Ministry of Transport in Brazil to learn about them.
You will also need an import authorization permit for the vehicle, and written approval from the department of environmental affairs. These must be presented to the port city by yourself or your shipping agent, or the vehicle may sit in port for a while.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Brazil
- Valid passport.
- Bill of lading.
- REDA-E form.
- Notarized Brazilian tax card.
- Proof of ownership.
- Purchase invoice.
- Notarized power of attorney.
As in the case of the destination country, your shipping agent will probably be familiar with the U.S. requirements for international shipping, but you should confirm this.
- Documentation must be submitted to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency at least 72 hours before the vehicle is to be exported, although practically speaking you will want to allow more time than that, in the case of any glitches.
- Ensure that your vehicle is eligible for international shipping, which means for instance that if there is a lien against it, you must have written approval from the lienholder to ship the vehicle out of the country. The exact laws governing eligibility are can be found in Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
- You’ll need copies of your driver’s license, passport, and some proof of ownership to present to Brazilian Customs.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Brazil
There is a lot that goes into the planning of an international transport especially when it is heavy equipment or oversized cargo that you’re trying to ship. That’s why there are many wonderful transport companies all over the nation just waiting to take your call. A1 Auto Transport is one of the most reputable shipping companies around. We have access to the highest quality shipping equipment, the latest transport technology, and help from trained and experienced transport specialists. We are confident we can help you carry out your heavy equipment’s transport to Brazil.
The limit to what can we ship is basically non-existent. We can ship any type of farm, mining, construction, industrial, or paving equipment. This includes but isn’t limited to:
- RVs and Motorhomes
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
No matter what type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you have to ship from the U.S. to Brazil, we’re certain we can get the delivery completed through one of our four overseas shipping methods. In fact, we’re so sure that we even offer insurance coverage to every single one of our customers.
The Methods of Transport You May Have to Choose From
There are only four transport methods we have that can accommodate international heavy equipment and oversized cargo deliveries. Contigent on your shipping needs and the type of cargo you have, one or more of these methods may be an option for you. Our transport specialists will help you with your decisions when you call in to learn more and schedule your overseas transport. Nevertheless, if you’re curious as to what choices you may have, here is a little more information…
- Flat Rack- Your cargo is fastened to a flat rack or large metal frame which is then carefully lifted onto the ship for its transport. The rack is lifted off the ship in the same manner.
- Container Shipping- This is the priciest shipping method but it provides your cargo with the ultimate security during its travels. Your cargo must fit into a 40ft shipping container. You can have your heavy equipment diassembled to fit into the container (only if necessary) if you wish to take advantage of this method.
- RoRo Shipping- This is the most inexpensive option. This open air transport service is only available to those with running vehicles and equipment since the cargo must roll onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- LoLo Shipping- This method is suggested to customers with broken equipment or vehicles as well as those that chose to crate their cargo. A crane operator will carefully lift the cargo onto and off of the ship.
Related Information & FAQs
- Overseas transport companies make it possible to ship your car from the USA to Brazil
- What is the cost of shipping a car to Brazil
- Is shipping a used car to Brazil permitted?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org