The second largest city Ivory Coast, Bouake, is situated about 31 miles from Lake Kossou.
In case you are moving here due to a new job, a returning citizen or are a student, it helps to import your vehicle from USA to ensure freedom of travel in the city.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specific requirements for vehicle import.
There are plenty of documents and paperwork that has to be submitted at the U.S port and at the Cote d’Ivoire to ensure a smooth passage. You will need to provide these documents at least 72 hours before the vehicle is shipped or reaches Ivory Coast:
- Car title.
- Vehicle registration documents.
- Insurance Vehicle certificate.
- Driving license/Passport.
- Vehicle appraisal report.
- Bill of sale.
- Proof of residency in Ivory Coast.
- Work permit.
There are other procedures that you need to consider and clear. That is why it is important to work with an experienced auto shipping service like A1 Auto Transport service. The advantage is that they understand all aspects of the Ivory Coast regulations and with a wide network of shipping agents to help you get the custom clearances faster. To know the details of the document submissions you need to contact the Customs department of Cote D’Ivoire. If all aspects of the shipping requirements are not fulfilled, delays can occur.
Methods of shipping.
There are two main methods of shipping a vehicle to Bouake. It is best to discuss the requirements with A1 Auto Transport service so that you can select the best method which fits your requirements and budget. The method of shipping that you select will have a direct impact on the total cost of shipping. Although air shipping is fast, it is extremely expensive and that is why they mostly select:
- RORO: Roll-on/Roll-Off is the cheapest method of transporting the vehicle to Bouake. You are only allowed to ship an empty vehicle devoid of all personal goods, while you only need to keep the floor mats, jack and 1/4th tank of fuel in the car. Your vehicle is driven on the ship at the U.S port and is driven off at the Port in Abidjan in Ivory Coast.
- Container shipping: This is a more costly option but your vehicle is protected and safely transported in 20 or 40 feet containers. If you have other personal goods to ship to Bouake, it can be packed alongside the vehicle. It is important to ensure that you do not carry any items that are illegal in Ivory Coast.
It is important to check with the listed items that are deemed illegal in the country so that you container isn’t quarantined or delayed. As there are different ports, you need to discuss it with your shipping company to know the exact port as you need to be present there when the vehicle arrives. No port holds the vehicle so you or an authorized representative has to be there to take delivery of the vehicle. If you give the signed Power of Attorney to A1 Auto Transport service, we will take care of all the procedures and ensure that custom clearances are completed as per the law. For further information about the import regulations, contact the Embassy of Ivory Coast.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?