Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Al Hudaydah
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Al Hudaydah is the home base to the Al Hudaydah government seat and has been a prosperous city for many years. Coffee has long been one of the main exports from the city and Al Hudaydah coffee has long been thought of as one of the finest coffee products in the world. The roadways in the city are in good condition albeit they are often narrow and congested with traffic. When first driving in the city you may want to be aware of the fact that although there are many road regulations for drivers, they are seldom obeyed and enforced by the police. There are often vehicles broken down in the middle of road and drivers have to navigate around them. Driving on the secondary roadways is not usually recommended if you are not from the area as there may not be signs and there is not usually any roadway lighting. You also need to take precaution as there are many minefields left outside of the city from Yemen’s civil war and they can be very dangerous for drivers. To import your automobile to Al Hudaydah you will need to hire an experienced automobile transport company.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Automobile Transport to Al Hudaydah.
When you contact a licensed and insured professional automobile transport company to handle shipping your motor vehicle overseas for you they will need some basic information about your car in order to get started with your international automobile shipping quote. Information like the make, model and year of the car are very important when calculating the quote because the type and size of the car will determine the correct type of transport carrier that will need to be used when shipping the car both by land to the port as well as during the overseas transportation. The agent will also need some paperwork from you in order to schedule the transport.
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Card.
- Power of Attorney.
The Power of Attorney will let the transport carrier move the motor vehicle in your absence. The other documents will show proof of identity that is necessary to identify you as the owner of the motor vehicle that needs to be shipped. The agent handling your automobile shipment will go over the types of available transport that you can use to ship your car and will include that in your shipping quote.
Available Transport to Al Hudaydah.
- Ro-Ro Shipping– Ro-Ro shipping is the most common way to ship a car from the United States to Al Hudaydah, Yemen. Cars are loaded on and off the ship by either driving them aboard or rolling them on with the use of a wheeled car dolly. Cars need to be completely empty when being transported on a Ro-Ro ship so you will need to have the car cleaned and emptied of all personal content and paperwork prior to the car being loaded for shipment.
- Container Shipping– If you have a car that may need some extra protection or you have to move personal belongings at the same time as the car, then using a shipping container is a great choice. Shipping containers usually come in either 20 or 40 foot sizes, offer sealed protection from the weather and elements of the ocean and can sometimes be obtained with climate controlled interiors.
- Air Cargo Shipping– Using air cargo to ship a car is generally only used for extremely expensive motor vehicles. Pricing to ship by air is much more costly than shipping by sea. Your agent will discuss the pros and cons of each type of transportation as you are making your shipment schedule.
Customs Rules in Al Hudaydah.
Al Hudaydah, Yemen has specific motor vehicle import laws that must be carefully followed when bringing a car to the city from abroad. Cars must be four years old or newer at the time of import to the city and must meet all road safety requirements. You will need to provide some of the following paperwork to customs:
- Driver’s License.
- Original Bill of Lading.
- Certificate of Manufacture.
- Certificate of Origin.
- Motor Vehicle Title.
- Motor Vehicle Registration.
- Customs Deal Card if the car is owned by a company or organization.
Prior to shipping the car you will also need to fill out some paperwork with U.S. Customs in order to export the car from the United States. Your automobile transport agent will assist you with the paperwork, fees and taxes and additional shipping information.