Now, the first thing that you need to know about Acharnes is that it is a suburban town in Greece and the most populous municipality in the East Attica. However, if you plan on shipping your vehicle here from the USA, you can expect for it to cost you between $1,300 and $3,700 with a few slight differences based on the specifications of the vehicle.
Keep in mind that you can import the vehicle free of charge if you intend on staying here for less than six months. However, you can’t let anyone else use it and you can’t sell it during that period. You need to show registration and proof of insurance as well. If the tags of the registration expire, you need to apply at the customs office to get temporary new ones.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Relocating to Greece.
You are allowed to import a vehicle in Greece free of charge if you have a residency permit obtained prior to entering the country. You can apply for that permit at the consulate in your own country. This is available for those who have Greek descent or have married a Greek citizen or have a permanent job in Greece. You need to have maintained the residence outside of Greece for at least 2 years in order to qualify for this particular status.
In order to actually bring your vehicle in the country for free, you need to get a description of the car in the consulate of your own country. You need to have the vehicle purchased at least six months prior to the import and all new vehicles are subjected to VAT. No one outside of your family is allowed to drive the car during the year.
In order to get your vehicle important you need to provide the following documentation, which is rather extensive:
- W2 forms or income tax returns.
- Property tax or receipts for renting.
- Proof of your past employment.
- Utility bills.
- Passport for all of the family members who are going to be settling in the country.
- Permit for residency or work.
- Driver’s license, insurance proof and registration of the vehicle.
TAX ID Card.
You have to have an AFM card in order to pick your car once it arrives in the country. This is rather easy to obtain and you need it to open a bank account or to pay taxes. That’s why you need to get it sorted before you get in the country. Take your passport to a tax office and simply fill out the necessary form.
After you have the car released, you need to get it inspected. It is important to get this arranged prior to the import in order to save time. There are 3 inspections:
- General inspection.
- Noise inspection.
- Emission inspection.
There are three shipping options that you can take your pick from air shipping, roll on/roll off shipping and container shipping. Air shipping, however, is incredibly expensive and a lot of people can’t afford it and that’s why they’d usually go for RORO or Container shipping as more affordable options. The first one is convenient and quick because you have to ship out the vehicle completely emptied out while the second one is more expensive and slower because there is a container involved.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory