Located in Boumerdes Province in Algeria, the city of Boumerdes is the capital which is located on the coast of Mediterranean Sea. The city is well known for being a seaside community about 50 km east of Algiers. While the history of Boumerdes includes political instability as well as economic struggles, it has made a comeback and has built a fine reputation.
However, even though import costs are high, you can still import a vehicle if you are willing to pay the fines and duties associated with it. You can ship your vehicle to Boumerdes from the United States. You will also need to follow all the regulations required by the government to ensure a successful import. If you want to learn more about these regulations, you can contact the Ministry of Transport in Algeria.
When you are ready to import your vehicle, you will want to hire A1 Auto Transport Service for a smooth transition from the port located in the U.S to Alger. We will help you every step of the way and help you determine how much you will need to pay. The taxes include the 15% import tax placed on the car as well as the 17% Value Added Tax, or VAT on vehicles that are imported.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to
|Boumerdes to (New York port) to New York, NY||$275||$3000||5+17 days|
|Boumerdes to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$3700||5+30 days|
|Boumerdes to (New York port) to Boston, MA||$400||$3000||5+17 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Boumerdes||$475||$3700||6+30 days|
|Boumerdes to (California port) to Phoenix, AZ||$550||$3000||6+30 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Boumerdes||$575||$3000||6+17 days|
|Boumerdes to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$700||$3000||6+17 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Boumerdes||$775||$3700||7+30 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Boumerdes||$800||$3000||6+17 days|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Boumerdes||$1,025||$3700||7+30 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Requirements for United States Customs
When you ship your vehicle from the U.S, you must first clear customs there first. This includes filing all the necessary paperwork and preparing for the move. You will need the following documents:
- Vehicle export declaration.
- A copy of vehicle title.
- Shipper's export declaration.
- Your passport with all the details.
Once your car is imported, you will need the following documentations to show to Algeria customs to ensure that the vehicle has been imported legally. The documents will be verified and validated by the competent officials and that is why you need to submit it at least 3- 4 days before the vehicle arrives at the port. These include:
- Original vehicle title.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Import license for Non-Algerian citizens.
- Non-sale certificate in French, three copies would be sufficient
Different Methods of Shipping.
There are two different types of shipping methods when shipping to Algeria. These include Roll On/Roll-Off method, or RORO and container shipping.
- Roll On/ Roll Off method: Your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship where it will be safely fastened down for the trip. Once it reaches the port in Algeria, your vehicle will be driven off the deck of the ship and into the hands of customs. This method of shipping is the most commonly selected due to the fact it is easy to do and it is cost effective as well.
- Container shipping method: If you plan to ship personal items over to Algeria, container shipping may be the best choice for you. With container shipping, you are able to ship your vehicle and load the rest of the container up with your personal household items. There are two sizes to choose from 20 foot and 40 foot.
Preparing your Vehicle for Shipping.
Before you can ship your vehicle to Algeria, you must first prepare your vehicle for transport. You will need to determine what tests will be needed and begin this process of prepping your vehicle at least thirty days before your scheduled day to import. You need to provide all documentation papers as needed. You can only import your vehicle if you are a citizen of Algeria returning after some time abroad or if you are a war veteran returning. Your vehicle must be less than three years old and will cost you a higher tax as well as increase import duties. You can find more information about importing to Algeria by contacting the Embassy of Algeria.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August