Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Located in Boumerdes Province in Algeria, the city of Boumerdes is the capital which is located on the coast of Mediterranean Sea. The city is well known for being a seaside community about 50 km east of Algiers. While the history of Boumerdes includes political instability as well as economic struggles, it has made a comeback and has built a fine reputation.
However, even though import costs are high, you can still import a vehicle if you are willing to pay the fines and duties associated with it. You can ship your vehicle to Boumerdes from the United States. You will also need to follow all the regulations required by the government to ensure a successful import. If you want to learn more about these regulations, you can contact the Ministry of Transport in Algeria.
When you are ready to import your vehicle, you will want to hire A1 Auto Transport Service for a smooth transition from the port located in the U.S to Alger. We will help you every step of the way and help you determine how much you will need to pay. The taxes include the 15% import tax placed on the car as well as the 17% Value Added Tax, or VAT on vehicles that are imported.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for United States Customs.
When you ship your vehicle from the U.S, you must first clear customs there first. This includes filing all the necessary paperwork and preparing for the move. You will need the following documents:
- Vehicle export declaration.
- A copy of vehicle title.
- Shipper’s export declaration.
- Your passport with all the details.
Once your car is imported, you will need the following documentations to show to Algeria customs to ensure that the vehicle has been imported legally. The documents will be verified and validated by the competent officials and that is why you need to submit it at least 3- 4 days before the vehicle arrives at the port. These include:
- Original vehicle title.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Import license for Non-Algerian citizens.
- Non-sale certificate in French, three copies would be sufficient
Different Methods of Shipping.
There are two different types of shipping methods when shipping to Algeria. These include Roll On/Roll-Off method, or RORO and container shipping.
- Roll On/ Roll Off method: Your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship where it will be safely fastened down for the trip. Once it reaches the port in Algeria, your vehicle will be driven off the deck of the ship and into the hands of customs. This method of shipping is the most commonly selected due to the fact it is easy to do and it is cost effective as well.
- Container shipping method: If you plan to ship personal items over to Algeria, container shipping may be the best choice for you. With container shipping, you are able to ship your vehicle and load the rest of the container up with your personal household items. There are two sizes to choose from 20 foot and 40 foot.
Preparing your Vehicle for Shipping.
Before you can ship your vehicle to Algeria, you must first prepare your vehicle for transport. You will need to determine what tests will be needed and begin this process of prepping your vehicle at least thirty days before your scheduled day to import. You need to provide all documentation papers as needed. You can only import your vehicle if you are a citizen of Algeria returning after some time abroad or if you are a war veteran returning. Your vehicle must be less than three years old and will cost you a higher tax as well as increase import duties. You can find more information about importing to Algeria by contacting the Embassy of Algeria.