- Car Shipping Bobo-Dioulasso
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Bobo-Dioulasso
- Shipping Your Vehicle To Bobo-Dioulasso
- Methods Of Shipping And Transportation
Car Shipping Bobo-Dioulasso
Bobo-Dioulasso is the second largest a city in Burkina Faso and is about 220 miles from the Ouagadougou, the capital of the country. It holds a strategic position economically as it is a hub of trading and is the main center of music and culture.
Irrespective of the reason for your move to Bobo-Dioulasso, having a valid residency or work permit is essential apart from the fact that you’d love to have your personal car or vehicle for traversing the city and outskirts due to the poor connectivity of public transportation.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Bobo-Dioulasso
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Bobo-Dioulasso||$200||$4500||5+33 days|
|Bobo-Dioulasso to (New York port) to Boston, MA||$400||$3700||5+33 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Bobo-Dioulasso||$475||$4500||6+33 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Bobo-Dioulasso||$550||$4500||6+33 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Bobo-Dioulasso||$575||$3700||6+23 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Bobo-Dioulasso||$700||$3700||6+23 days|
|Bobo-Dioulasso to (California port) to Denver, CO||$775||$4500||7+33 days|
|Bobo-Dioulasso to (New York port) to Memphis, TN||$800||$3700||6+23 days|
|Bobo-Dioulasso to (New York port) to Miami, FL||$925||$3700||7+23 days|
|Bobo-Dioulasso to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$4500||7+33 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Shipping your vehicle to Bobo-Dioulasso.
For shipment to Bobo-Dioulasso or any city in Burkina Faso, there is a pre-shipping inspection that is done as the government requires all goods that are being imported to adhere to quality and price checks. Thus, the documents that will be checked include:
- Owner’s passport/photo ID.
- Original vehicle purchase invoice.
- Details of the vehicle- chassis/engine number model, make and year.
- Insurance certificate.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
Additionally, as Burkina Faso is a landlocked country, all ocean bound cargo is received at different ports in Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Niger. Then it is further dispatched using road or rail transportation which can increase the cost of shipping accordingly. It is important that the cargo is accompanied by ECTN application. When the ECTN application is received by the individual or shipper the Unique Registration Number is endorsed on the Bill of Lading. This is an important prerequisite of the Burkinabese Shippers Council (CBC). The form to apply for this number is available with the CBC.
Methods of shipping and transportation.
There are many different ways of shipping your vehicle to Bobo-Dioulasso, even though Burkina Faso is a landlocked country. When you ship from USA, the sea faring freight ship will dock at one of the neighboring country’s port such as in Ghana, Ivory Coast or Niger and then the vehicle will be driven across to Burkina Faso. The customs checks will be done at the Burkina Faso and after the duty is paid, the owner can collect the vehicle. The two main methods of freight shipping include:
- RORO or Roll-on/Roll-Off is the most affordable method as you only pay to park your vehicle on the ship deck and that is why you are not allowed any personal goods within the vehicle. It is essential to check with the port that accepts RORO and make sure that you only keep a spare tire, floor mats and car jack inside as that is mandatory.
- The other popular but more expensive method is Container shipping which is often used when you have to transport your household goods, along with the vehicle to Bobo-Dioulasso. The containers are available on sizes 20 feet or 40 feet and are sealed after the vehicle and personal belongings are secured inside.
Before you ship your car from USA, it is important to check with the Embassy of Burkina Faso to get a clear picture of the import requirements. That is why it is essential to work with an experienced auto shipping company like A1 Auto Transport to ensure that the vehicle shipment is smooth and hassle-free.