Being the capital as well as the biggest city in Turkmenistan, Ashgabat is situated within the Karakum Desert. The Canal of Karakum runs through the city, thus bringing water from the River Amu Darya. If you are moving here on a long term basis or even for six months, it can help to have your own vehicle with you.
Relocating to another country can be an overwhelming experience. If you want to ship your car to Ashgabat, it should not pose any hardship. If you want to get your car to the country of Turkmenistan, you would have to prepare some documents and fill out certain forms. You are also going to have to pay taxes as well as fees to the Customs agency of Turkmenistan. You should also be informed that the customs regulations are applicable to the personal belongings as well. It is advisable to contact the Embassy of Turkmenistan in the Washington, DC for further information that may be relevant.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The fact is that there are modern and proper roadways making your drive easy. There are however, some particular regulations regarding motor vehicles that you would have to abide by. You are also going to require having certain paperwork such as:
- Certificate of insurance.
- Operation permission from the Department of the Customs Office in Ashgabat.
- Inspection of State.
- License Plate Receipt.
- Driving Manual.
- Declaration for permanent or temporary import.
- Standard of State certification.
You are also going to have to pay the taxes.
- For permanent residence, you are required to pay the whole amount of the Customs’ taxes as well as the fees.
- If you are going to stay temporary you would have to pay $25 and $5 per hour for the services which are provided by the Customs Agency
- If you are permanently importing the vehicle to Ashgabat, you can sell your car but if you are not – you can’t.
Before the shipping.
This is when you fill out and sign the pre-shipping documentation and get them delivered to your auto transporting company. You would also have to decide on a shipping method and let A1 Auto Transport service know. This is also the time when we will present you with a complete quote for the shipping. The calculation is done taking in mind the shipping cost, cleaning and picking the vehicle up. You can also obtain further information from the U.S. Customs and Borders Protection Agency regarding what you can ship and not.
Documents for the pre-shipping stage:
- Driver’s License.
- Vehicle Title (original).
- Certificate of Insurance.
- Social Security Card.
- Registration of vehicle.
- Power of attorney (optional if you won’t be there to pick the car up)
It is our responsibility to make sure that you use the easiest possible ways. You generally have three options in front of you. Ro-Ro shipping is going to require you to drive the car onto the shipping deck and fasten it on it. This is the cheapest way and therefore the most common. You can also use a container or air shipping. Both of the methods would allow you to ship other items along with the vehicle. Our agent should provide you with all the information needed in regard with the shipping process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?