Shipping a vehicle overseas can sometimes be a costly and complicated task. All vehicles being shipped to Aswan, Egypt must meet certain criteria in order for the process to begin. Customs regulations states that no cars may enter Egypt one year after the date it was manufactured. Diplomats entering Egypt may get a waiver permitting them to ship a vehicle no older than three years.
There are certain documents that Customs requires from the shipper in order for their vehicle to be released after delivery. Make copies of personal documents as well as an extra set of keys for the shipping company. When you’re working with a reputable shipping service, they will more than likely be the ones handling U.S. Customs clearance.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents to Prepare for Foreign Customs.
A customs agent cannot legally release any vehicles to shippers unless they present the proper documentation. No previously owned vehicles are allowed to be transported, which can be proven through a bill of sale. Unless the vehicle is owned by the military or a government contractor, U.S. customs will not allow vehicles with a lien on it to be transported.
- Title and Registration.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Driver’s License.
- Signed Power of Attorney.
- Original Seaway and Airway Bill.
- Clearance Authorization Letter.
- Handling Letter.
- Packing List (for container shipping only)
- Key to the Car.
Shipping services will often offer their customers a way to get their car transported to the departure shipping port. All documentation must be presented by the owner of the vehicle or appointed candidate as well as duty fees. A deposit must be paid upfront before the vehicle is transported to Aswan, Egypt which will be reimbursed to the shipper after their stay.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory