- Ship Your Car To Or From Burma
- Car Shipping Burma
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Burma
- About Vehicle Importation To Burma From The United States
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Burma (Myanmar)
- Methods Of Shipping
- Related Information & Faqs
Ship Your Car To Or From Burma.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a vehicle to Burma (also called Myanmar) can be as little as $2,700 when using a shipping container to transport a standard sized vehicle.
- Other methods can run as much as $5,800, depending on the type of transport method and vehicle.
Car Shipping Burma
Burma (Myanmar) is a sovereign state that is located in Southeast Asia. It is bordered partially by the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea. Here is where five of Burma's ports are located.
The country is suffering and civil wars have been an issue ever since Burma claimed its independence and became Myanmar. Many that travel here come to study the culture or for employment to work with many of the country's natural resources, such as gems, oil, natural gas, and jade.
The roadways in Burma stretch clear across the country and it is possible to reach outside regions. While there are paved roads, many are unpaved but are simple to travel on. Make sure that the vehicle being imported can withstand the unpaved roads and that keeping up with the vehicle's maintenance is easy.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Burma.
About Vehicle Importation to Burma From The United States.
Vehicle importation isn't too difficult when shipping/exporting from the U.S. to Burma. However, duties and taxes are rather high unless for a diplomat, in which case, the tariffs are then excused. For anyone else, expect very high taxes, approximately 300% of the vehicle's assessed value. Here is what you need to know:
- The vehicle must be a left-hand drive.
- You will need a license or picture ID, as well as a passport.
- Have the proof of vehicle's purchase and proof of insurance.
- Keep the receipts of duties paid.
- Make sure that the owner is waiting at the correct port on the vehicle's day of due arrival.
- Proof of residency in Burma might also be good to have on hand.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Burma (Myanmar).
- Bill of lading
- Commercial invoice
- Proof of insurance
- Export certificate
- Inspection certificate
Don't let the paperwork and regulations for transporting a car to Burma from the United States deter you. There are always conditions that must be satisfied while transporting a vehicle to a new location. If you plan on shipping a car to or through Burma, you need get in touch with the country's customs office. Keeping abreast on the latest rules is essential.
Process of registering a vehicle in Burma.
Methods of Shipping.
Container and RO/RO shipping are the two most common methods of shipping/exporting, especially to countries bordered by oceans and waterways. Burma has 5 total ports located along its coast.
While not all ports accept the RO/RO shipping method, it is always a cheaper option. RO/RO shipping requires the vehicle to drive onto and off of the ship without anything in the vehicle. The only exceptions include a car jack, a spare tire and floor mats.
Container shipping allows a person to ship other property as well. This property can be kept in the vehicle or even in the container. Containers can be shared with another individual which will help cut the cost.