Ship Car To Banjul
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Banjul is the capital city of Gambia and was earlier known as Bathurst. It is the only port and focal point of administration and economic activities in Gambia.
It might be business dealings or other personal reasons that might be the reason of your extended stay in Banjul but it is important to have your personal vehicle as public transportation is unreliable. Additionally, there are language and currency barriers that you can avoid when you have your own vehicle.
It is important to work with a company that has extensive experience in shipping vehicles to Africa as there is plenty of red-tape in government agencies. That is why A1 Auto Transport service stands out. We have shipped thousands of vehicles to Gambia and surrounding countries and network with local shipping agents to ensure quick clearances and delivery. We will help you with the cleaning and preparation of the vehicle so there is no chance of quarantine or delay at the Gambia Revenue Authority
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for vehicle shipping.
As each country has its own requirements, there are a separate set of laws and regulations that need to be adhered to. You need to be aware that:
- Purchase invoice (original) and log book has to accompany the imported vehicle.
- Only left hand drive vehicles allowed on the roads.
- Import tax is based on the CIF (cost/insurance/ freight charges)
- 10% government sales tax is applicable.
- 1% customs tax is mandatory.
- Details of the vehicle- VIN, engine/chassis no., model, year.
If you are looking for more information about shipping your vehicle to Banjul, contact the Gambia Embassy. They will be able to provide you with the latest information about new changes in the law and applicable taxes
Paperwork dealing with auto imports.
Each vehicle is verified and ownership proofs validated before it can leave the U.S port and before it enters Banjul in Gambia. This is a standard procedure when you are shipping a vehicle anywhere in the world. The U.S Customs has to be notified about the pending shipment of vehicle and it should have the said documents at least 72 hours before shipment leaves the port. Similarly the Gambian Customs requires the following documents submitted at least 5 days before the vehicle arrives in Banjul.
- Social Security number.
- Driver’s License.
- Bill of Lading.
- Signed Power of Attorney (optional)
- Insurance certificate.
- Shipping bills/charges.
If any other documents are needed, A1 Auto Transport service will be able to assist you with the details and help compile them. In addition to overseas transfers of vehicle, we offer door to door and door to port services in case you are unable to drive the vehicle to the nearest port, we’ll come by and get the vehicle picked up from your doorstep, and transport it to the port. However, these are additional cost on the shipping bills.
Shipping options to Banjul.
We’d like to offer you a free quote but before that you will need to decide whether you need to transport your vehicle using RORO or Container shipping.
- RORO shipping has the vehicle rolled on or driven on the ship deck using ramps and is secured on a community auto deck, along with other cars in different parking bays. At the Port of Banjul, it is driven off the ship similarly. However, you are not permitted any personal items in or with the vehicle. Additionally, it has to be steam cleaned, air conditioning gas removed and only a little fuel in the tank is allowed.
- Container shipping is more expensive as compared to RORO but it is safer and allows you to ship your vehicle to Banjul with ease. Your vehicle or any other goods that you are shipping are put within 20 feet or 40 feet containers. It is then secured and sealed. Cranes are used to load and offload it from the ship.
If you need to know more about the procedure or have questions, please contact A1 Auto Transport service and let us help you.