Ship Car To Dundee
The fourth largest city of Scotland, Dundee is located on the panoramic banks of the Firth of Tay which flows into North Sea. It is important to know that Scotland is a part of United Kingdom and that is why all import policies and laws for Dundee fall under the UK import regulations. It is important to know that there are two regulations that govern the vehicle imports in Dundee. These include the Road Vehicle Regulations of 1986 and 1989.
As UK has stringent emission laws even though it is not a part of EU, before you import your vehicle from USA, ensure that it meets all emission and safety regulations. It is important that car or auto meets the requisites of Individual Vehicle Approval plan. Most of the applicable taxes and VAT applicable by the UK Customs are based on the engine size, emissions and the location of registration of the vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Tax exemption eligibility.
Apart from the regular import taxes, there are tax exemptions which can be availed if you are:
- moving to Dundee permanently.
- re-importing a vehicle back to Scotland.
- importing the vehicle for less than six months or on a temporary basis.
To check if you are eligible for tax exemption, you can fill in online at HM Revenue and Customs. Additionally, as there are restrictions on importing vehicles of over 10 years, it is important to check the details before shipping the vehicle. An essential step for importing vehicles is to submit the Vehicle Import Pack which is needed by the Department of Transport in UK.
Vehicle regulations in Scotland.
If your vehicle is left hand driven, it is essential to get the Certificate of Mutual Recognition and European Certificate of Conformity. In case you are approved as per the requirement for Residence Relief which ensures that you will not be needed to pay the VAT. But you are required to meet certain conditions such as:
- Moving to Dundee on a long term basis or permanently.
- Have stayed away from EU at another international location for over a year.
- Have owned the car for over six months abroad and will be using it in Scotland for minimum 1 year.
- All taxes related to the vehicle have been paid.
- Submit completed and filled Form C104A.
Additionally there are plenty of documents that you need to submit irrespective of whether you are seeking tax relief or not. These include:
- Proof of insurance on the vehicle.
- Clear title deed.
- Proof of identity of the owner- passport, driving license.
- Bill of Lading.
To know more about the cost of shipping and best method for faster delivery of vehicles to Dundee, call in A1 Auto Transport service or contact the Embassy of United Kingdom.