A scenic village Angochi in one of the most populated areas on the island nation of Aruba. It is one of the most panoramic areas that form the Kingdom of Netherlands. If you intend moving here or have a work visa, it is important to know all aspects of the import laws and regulations, if you intend getting your vehicle here.
It can be difficult to import your vehicle if you are not clear about the process, rules and laws related to it. At A1 Auto Transport service, we have years of experience shipping vehicles to different parts of the world and can do that with ease for your vehicle too. We understand the import laws and Aruba Custom Department requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for vehicle import.
It is essential that you ship your vehicle safely while adhering to all requirements of the Aruba government. It is best to avoid packing the personal belongings within the vehicle as the Aruba’s Custom’s department, accounts for everything stored within the vehicle. If you do not declare everything in the vehicle, you can incur penalties or they can even seize your vehicle. It is important to know that there is a 12% import duty on vehicles and if there is an expensive car the tax can increase. However, exemptions are available under certain conditions on imported vehicles. The eligibility for exemptions for those relocating to Aruba includes:
- Proof of residency.
- Registered to become a part of the Aruba’s census.
- Receipt and vehicle title.
- Insurance certification proves that the car is yours.
- Need to have proof that you have owned the vehicle for at least 6 months.
You will be eligible for tax exemptions only after you fill in the required forms at the Custom’s department. You might want to talk with your international shipping service to help you through this process as an import declaration form has to be submitted. You will be required to submit a host of documents, to show that all conditions have been met and including:
- ID car/passport copy.
- 3 copies of Bill of Lading.
- Proof of registration at Census Office of Aruba.
- Vehicle title deed.
- Registration certificate as the foreign vehicle.
- Bill of purchase.
- Inspection certificate.
The import declaration and request forms have to be submitted by Customs of Department in Aruba, and if the exemption request is denied then you can appeal for it again within 30 days. It is important that you don’t put any personal items in the car as it might be seized by the customs department. We can help you get the Custom clearances and help you get the vehicle delivered to Angochi.
Methods to ship to Angochi.
The most common methods of shipping to Aruba include Roll-On/Roll-Off (RORO) method and Container shipping. RORO method is commonly used as it is cheaper and suits all budgets. Your car or vehicle is driven up the ship deck, secured in place and offloaded when the destination port of Oranjestad, the main commercial port. While container shipping gives your vehicle an extra layer of security as the vehicle and other personal belongings are sealed within 20 feet or 40 feet containers.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?