The capital of Qatar, Al Wakrah is located on the shores of the Persian Gulf. If you are relocating here on a short term or for an extended period, having your own vehicle to travel in can be an exhilarating experience.
You won’t have to depend upon the local transportation and the language barriers won’t affect you.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing a car to Qatar.
It is important to adhere to the rules and regulations before you import the vehicle to Qatar. From safely shipping the vehicle to paying the required fees, you also need the assistance of an experienced international auto shipping company to ensure that everything goes smoothly. At A1 Auto Transports service, we have shipped thousands of vehicles from USA to Qatar over the years and can assist you at every step.
As weather can delay delivery of vehicle, it is best to consider that May to October is the appropriate time to ship your vehicle. With well-maintained network of roads all through the modern city of Al Wakrah, it is enjoyable to drive here. However, adherence to driving rules is a must.
Steps before import of vehicle.
You need to ensure that the documentation is verified and complete before you ship out the vehicle from USA for Doha port in Qatar. The important documents include:
- S registration documents.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Lien-free title deed.
- Work permit/residence permit.
- Ownership proof- passport, driving license.
It is important that you refer to the details at Qatar Customs about the eligibility, restrictions and limitations for the process. One of them is that International Driving License is not allowed and you need to the local Qatar license to drive here.
You will need to prepare the vehicle to ship to Al Wakrah by getting it steam cleaned completely, removing the air conditioning gas, non-permanent accessories and any personal item. This holds even more importance, if you intend to ship by Roll-On/Roll-Off. We recommend that you discuss with us before choosing the shipping method as it will affect the cost and preparation of the vehicle. And in case, you are not sure about the vehicle’s eligibility, you might be interested to know more about it at Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Freight shipping options.
- Container shipping: This is the more expensive way to ship. Your vehicle is put within a large container and secured in place. Additional personal goods are put within the 20 feet or 40 feet container and sealed. The extra layer of protection keeps the vehicle safe during transit.
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the cheapest way of transporting your vehicle. It is driven on the deck and harnessed in place. At the Doha port, it will be driven off.
After the vehicle arrives in Al Wakrah, you will need to ensure that all procedures are complete properly. You will be required to pay the custom fees and import taxes and only after that you can get it registered in Qatar. For further details about importing your vehicle, contact the Embassy of Qatar.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?