- Car Shipping Guam
- Ship Car To Guam (Or From Guam)
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Required Documents To Ship Vehicles To Guam
- Car Shipping Methods
- Valuable Resources
- Related Information
Car Shipping Guam
Ship Car To Guam (Or From Guam)
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Transporting a car to Guam from the U.S. will usually cost $3,000-$7,000, with some price variance based on availability and fuel cost fluctuations.
- Standard-sized vehicles can often be transported in a shipping container, which is the cheapest method of transporting a car to the area.
Guam is an unincorporated territory of the United States, making it easy to ship vehicles to this country. Guam is an island country located in the Pacific Ocean, situated to the east of the Philippines. Most cargo ships bound for Guam dock at Apra Harbor, or Port Apra located on the island's west coast. Guam’s currency is measured in United States Dollars (USDs).
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents To Ship Vehicles To Guam
- Title and registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Copy of driver’s license.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Form -3520-21, if required.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Form HS-7.
- Customs 7501 Forms.
- Letter from the EPA granting permission (if foreign, or if the vehicle is older than 25 years old)
- An invoice, bill of sale, or statement of value that states the vehicle’s VIN, description, model, and year.
The biggest hurdle you will encounter when shipping a vehicle to Guam is the rampant government regulations. Every car must meet the US motor vehicle safety standards, DOT, and EPA standards. Non-US residents can import cars to Guam for up to 1 year, but they will need permission from the EPA. If necessary documentation is not available, the importer can be subject to fees that range from $300 to $1,000 USD
We will take care of all of the shipping forms and importation documentation. All you need to provide is the relevant information about your vehicle.
Car Shipping Methods
We offer various car shipping services to Guam. Here are two of the most popular choices:
- Roll on, Roll off: Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, secured in place, and then driven off the ship at the port of your choice. For this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items or household goods in your vehicle.
- Container Shipping: If you are looking to ship your belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and your belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
- How long does it take to ship a car to Guam?
- Is it best to ship my car to Guam through transport services?
- The cost of shipping a car to Guam isn’t worth stressing - it’s affordable
- Cheapest way to ship a car to Guam
- Classic car shipping into Guam
- Container shipping to Guam
- Exporting a car from USA to Guam
- How much does it cost to ship a car from the USA to Guam
- Military car shipping to Guam
- Ship a boat to Guam
- Ship a motorcycle to Guam
- Ship an RV to Guam
- Ship ATV to Guam
- Shipping a POV to Guam
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will shipping a vehicle from the U.S. to Guam cost me?
Short answer: The cost of shipping a car from the USA to Guam lies between $3,000 and $7,000, but it will vary in specific cases, i.e., where exactly in the USA you're shipping from.
Importing a vehicle to Guam is pretty simple as it receives frequent international shipments. Vehicle shipping from Honolulu is comparatively cheaper than doing so from the mainland, but in either case, the lower estimate will be around $2,000.
For oversized vehicles and special orders, the cost to ship will be higher and include other vendor fees.
How can I track my car shipment?
Tracking your shipment is easy since A1 Auto Transport utilizes state-of-the-art GPS software that allows you to check the current location of your car in real-time until it reaches the final destination.
You will also receive timely updates via text and phone calls. Need more information? Feel free to contact our staff.
What are the shipping options for Guam residents?
There are two methods of car shipping, the "roll-on, roll-off" and the "container shipping" services.
The first one is the cheaper of the two. The car must be operable and should contain no personal belongings. It is simply rolled on board, fastened safely, and then driven off-board upon arrival.
In the latter case, the car is placed inside a container and is shipped this way.
Since Guam is such a small place, people prefer to have their vehicles delivered at the port. This saves the extra cost of door-to-door delivery.
Both services are available to customers in all popular cities.
What preparations do I need to make before I ship my vehicle?
When shipping your car, the gas tank should be no more than ¼ full, i.e., less than a quarter of its capacity.
The interior of the car must be completely clean, and you are responsible for removing all personal belongings. Please note that as with other vehicle shipping companies, A1 Auto Transport will not bear responsibility for belongings left inside the vehicle during international shipments.
Is the shipping cost from the USA to Guam fixed?
No, not at all. The price to ship a car is dependent on a couple of factors, namely:
- The details of the vehicle being shipped, i.e., make and model.
- Manufacturing batch/date of the car, i.e., age, or mileage (the latter is a more accurate measure in some cases)?
- The vehicle's current condition and its monetary value.
- The distance needed to be covered for the delivery (which in this case will be shorter from Honolulu and longer for USA shipping)
- The shipping option chosen
- Taxes and duties applicable to the whole shipping process on both ends
- Additional fees for insurance coverage, if any.
- Cost covering the materials and equipment used to ship the vehicle.
- The purpose stated for the entry of the vehicle to Guam.
Is re-scheduling possible?
In most cases, yes, but only before the shipment has been dispatched. If you feel that the current shipping schedule is not okay for you, be sure to let us know as soon as possible, preferably a day or two before the shipping date.
This way, our staff at A1 Auto Transport will handle the matter timely and re-schedule as per your earliest convenience.
What is the cheapest way to ship a car to Guam?
If you're tight on the budget, then you'd want to avoid over-spending on shipping your car. As noted earlier, you have two options regarding international vehicle shipping: container shipment and roll-on roll-off (open-air shipment).
Why is the open-air shipment option better?
If all that you need to do is to ship your car to Guam, then open-air car shipping is a preferable option, here's why:
- The cost to ship is cheaper when compared to the alternative, container shipping, considering you're only paying for the transportation services, plus some minor charges (not including taxes and duties, which will apply in either case).
- This car shipping option is highly reliable, and there are no risks involved.
- If you're planning on shipping other vehicles, it makes more sense to ship them at the same time via this option; car dealerships do this all the time.
- The cars are covered by insurance protection, without any additional charges.
Are there any additional expenses for shipping a car to Guam that I should know of?
Yes, when you're shipping a car, you will have to bear additional charges and dues besides the actual shipment costs. International car shipping taxes and duties vary from country to country. Contact the Embassy of Guam to get an exact fix on the taxes and duties applicable for shipping a car and other international shipments.
Once you've paid the taxes, keep the record with you because you will need to present it before the concerned authorities, alongside other required documents.
What documents do I need to ship my vehicle to/from Guam?
Here's the document checklist for shipping a vehicle to Guam:
- Title and vehicle registration
- Documents proving insurance coverage
- Photocopy of the driver's license
- If required, the Form -3520-21 from EPA/Environmental Protection Agency
- Form HS-7 from DOT/Department of Transportation
- 7501 forms for the Customs Officials
- Permission letter from EPA (Non-resident or if the vehicle's age exceeds 25 years)
- A bill/invoice detailing the monetary value of the vehicle, its description, and other assorted details
What if my documents are inaccurate or missing?
If your details don't match up or if you are missing documents when shipping vehicles, you're in trouble. This can cause the car shipping process to be put on hold and will initiate an inspection. This will slow down the process and increase custom quotes. You'll have to pay an inflated sum ($300 to $1,000, on average) before the shipment is released.
Even if everything is in order, routine inspections are still possible during international car shipping.
Your best bet is to get a professional automobile shipment company such as A1 Auto Transport on board. We'll scrutinize the details to make sure that everything is in order to avoid issues when shipping vehicles.
Why is Guam car shipping so complicated?
While the legal requirements for overseas shipping are meant to regulate the process, it is understandable why you might get frustrated with all the paperwork and the taxes.
All car shipments need to meet certain defined criteria in the USA as dictated by the Department of Transportation and the Environment Protection Agency (EPA).
Things can become especially problematic if your vehicle is older than 25 years in which case you'll need a special permission letter from the Environment Protection Agency before you can ship the vehicle to Guam.
Non-residents/foreigners will also need special permission from EPA before they can ship a car, and even then, only for one year.
As a non-resident/foreigner, can I import a car from Guam?
Yes, non-US residents or foreigners can import vehicles from Guam, but for up to a year, having acquired permission from the Environment Protection Agency.
Do I need to procure the services of a customs broker for vehicle shipping to/from Guam?
If you don't fancy filling in the paperwork and managing the hassles of imports, you can take the burden off your shoulders and place it on those of a licensed professional called a customs clearance broker. Note that his individual must be licensed by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
You don't ever actually need customs brokers per se, but they are helpful. It is highly recommended that you procure the services of one if you're importing from Guam to the U.S., but when shipping to Guam, it is not necessary.
If I need my car delivered ASAP, how soon should I schedule the shipment?
If you need your vehicle delivered to you ASAP, then there can be no room for delays. Once a vehicle reaches the port in the U.S., the car shipping process can take around 20 days to a full month f0r international car shipping.
Schedule your order with this timeframe in mind if you want your vehicle delivered to you as soon as possible. But of course, be sure that you meet all eligibility requirements to avoid any issues, especially with the paperwork.
What happens if my shipment gets stuck at customs?
Customs can put shipments on hold for inspection once it reaches the destination port to ensure the value of the car mentioned on the invoice is the same as the value of the vehicle stated on the bill.
In most cases, the inspection is part of the regular operations procedure, and there is nothing you can do to speed it up. Note that your car can get stuck if your documents are missing or inaccurate, and different protocols will follow, which will include a clearing fee to receive your vehicle.
In other words, if the documentation is complete and accurate, and you've paid the taxes and dues, you have nothing to worry about.