Yigo is the location of the Anderson Air Force Base and is a small town in Gaum. It is the largest and richest farming areas. It is an unincorporated territory of USA and so is easy to bring over your vehicle here.
Guam is situated east of the Philippines in the Pacific Ocean. Your vehicle will offload at the Apra Harbor, which is the largest port in the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required documents and costs.
When you are importing to Guam, there are various regulations and rules that have to be adhered to. This includes the provision that if you bought your vehicle 3 months before the import to Yigo, you need to pay 4% as tax. Additionally, there is extensive paperwork that has to be completed before the vehicle can be cleared for delivery in Guam. Some of these are:
- Registration documents.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- DOT Form HS-7.
- Insurance certificate.
- S-issued driver’s license.
- EPA Form -3520-21.
- Customs Form 7501.
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
- Import permit for vehicles over 25 years.
- Bill of sale of vehicle with details of VIN, model, chassis number and year.
You need to be aware that there are plenty of government regulations and each imported vehicle has to meet the US safety standards for vehicles. This includes adhering to the requirements of Department of Transportation (DOT) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Non- U.S residents are allowed to import the vehicle for only a period of 1 year after getting the requisite permission from EPA. If you are missing any document, there are high penalty on the import. However, you can get the assistance from A1 Auto Transport service about the information on your vehicle shipment.
Transportation methods and cost.
Though there are different shipping methods to Yigo, A1 Auto Transport recommends Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping. The most affordable method is RORO where the vehicle is driven on and off the ship’s deck using its own set of wheels. On the ship’s deck it is secured in place in the pre-allotted parking bay. As you are only paying for the parking bay, it turns out to be cheaper. However, there are some restrictions associated with it including shipping only:
- No personal belongings, only an empty vehicle.
- steam cleaned interiors.
- disabled alarms.
- vehicle in operable condition.
- 1/4th tank of fuel.
- remove the air conditioner gas completely.
However, when you ship by container shipping, you pay for a whole 20 feet or 40 feet container. You are allowed to put in your personal belongings, household goods along with the vehicle, if you want. This is perfect when you are moving to Yigo or have an expensive vehicle to ship to Guam.
It is best to discuss your vehicle shipment with A1 Auto Transport Company so that they can ensure that all documents are in order and the procedural requirements are met to avoid any denials or delays in vehicle import.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?