Car Shipping Tamuning
Tamuning is a municipality which is located on the western shore of Guam. Guam is one of the U.S territories beyond the mainland. The town could be looked at as the economic center of Guam. Whether you are there for work or to study, you would enjoy having your own vehicle.
However, there are shipping and import costs that you’d have to be aware of if you want import your vehicle. For new vehicles that have been owned for only 3 months, the tax is going to be around 4%.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
When you work with A1 Auto Transport service, we take care of all aspects of the shipment. The majority of imports are going to require a lot of documents and Guam is no exception. You are going to need to submit these documents to the U.S. Customs and also the Port of Guam authorities:
- Copy of driver’s license ( US )
- The title of vehicle.
- Proof of insurance.
- Environmental Protection Agency Form – 3520-21 ( it’s not always necessary )
- Customs Form 7501
- Department of Transportation Form HS-7
- Lading Bill.
- Signed letter from the EPA that gives you import permission if your car is older than 25 years of age.
- Bill of sale, value statement or a purchase invoice with the ID number of the vehicle, number, make, model and brief description.
There are different legislative provisions in Guam and this might make it rather hard for you. Guam uses the provisions set forth by the U.S Government – the EPA Standards and the Department of Transportation rules. If you are importing a car older than 25 years you’d have to get special permission by the EPA. Any non-US resident is going to be permitted to import a vehicle for no more than a year. After this period is through, the EPA is going to be required. There is a fee ranging between $300 and up to $1,000 if the documents are not obtained in the given time frame.
If you are bringing back a vehicle the owner information must match the name which is stated on the title of the vehicle and its registration. If a non-resident imports a car for one year and lives abroad there are no possible extensions allowed. Furthermore, if a non-US citizen has registered the vehicle for tourism, he/she can’t sell the vehicle. It’s safe to say that the A1 Auto Transport is capable of ensuring a hassle-free process without any particular issues as we have over two decades of international shipping experience.
Different Shipping Options.
Though freight shipping by sea is the most cost effective option, there are two commonly used methods that have to be used. You will need to discuss it with A1 Auto Transport service agents and decide what works for you. The two methods include:
- RoRo – you’d have to drive your vehicle on its own tires on a shipping deck on a board of a freight ship. The car is going to be exposed through the journey but it’s the cheapest and fastest way to ship. You won’t be able to transport personal belongings.
- Container Shipping – this is convenient for more expensive cars as you would have additional protection. It’s also suitable if you have other personal belongings that you’d want to ship to Guam.