Car Shipping Dededo
Located in the unincorporated US territory of Guam, the most populated town is Dededo. It is a small town in the central part of the island and measures approximately thirty square miles.
When exporting your vehicle to Dededo, you should be aware of the costs that you will most likely incur. If your vehicle was purchased within 90 days of your importation, you will need to pay four percent tax to import.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Paperwork to legalize import.
Most imports require plenty of documents and it is the same when you want to send your vehicle to Guam. You will need the following documents submitted at the U.S Customs and then at the Guam port authorities:
- A copy of your U.S driver's license.
- Vehicle title,
- Proof of current insurance declaration.
- EPA, or Environmental Protection Agency Form – 3520-21 ( Sometimes it is required)
- Customs Form 7501.
- Department of Transportation Form HS-7.
- Bill of Lading.
- A signed letter from the Environmental Protection Agency giving permission for import if your vehicle is more than twenty-five years old or older.
- Bill of sale, statement of value, or an invoice with the vehicle identification number, make, model, and description of it.
Guam Vehicle Regulations.
There are different government regulations in Guam so this can make it difficult to import your vehicle. Guam uses the United States regulations when importing vehicles, which includes the Department of Transportation and the Environmental Protection Agency standards. If you are importing a car that is over twenty-five years old, your vehicle will need to meet the requirements stated by the EPA. Any resident not from the United States will be able to important a vehicle over for up to one year. After that year is up, permission from the EPA will be required. If documentation is not obtained, a fee that will range from $300 up to $1,000 will be charged.
If you are bringing back a vehicle that was originally shipped from the United States, the owner information must match the name on the vehicle title and registration. If a non-resident of the United States imports a vehicle for one year and lives abroad as a tourist, then there will be no extensions of time allowed. All documentation is required within the time frame allotted.
If a non- U.S resident registered for tourism, is in Guam, they cannot sell a vehicle and their vehicle is subject to a one year period and may be subject to seizure and penalties issued by customs. We can obtain all the necessary shipping forms and help you collect all the documentation you will need. You will need to provide us with the information regarding your vehicle. Call A1 Auto Transport service today to discuss the details.
Shipping Options for you.
The shipping methods we offer are:
- Roll on – Roll off – This method is our most popular importing option. Your vehicle is first driven directly onto the ship and secured by several different ways. Once your vehicle reaches the port you have chosen, it will then be driven off the ship. This will only work if your vehicle is drivable. When you ship your vehicle like this, you will not be able to ship personal belongings in your vehicle.
- Container Shipping – This method is a great option for those who want to ship personal belongings with their vehicle. You will need to secure a shipping container large enough to transport everything for you.