On the eastern coast of Guam, unincorporated territory of USA, Mangilao is one of the highly populated towns in the country. It is situated between the towns of Chalan Pago and Barrigada.
Known for panoramic beaches and military establishments, most of the cargo ships dock at the major Guam port of Apra Harbor.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you are moving here for work or for leisure, you might require having your vehicle transported from USA, as hiring cabs can turn out to be expensive. With poor connectivity of public transport, it is of advantage to have your own vehicle with you in Mangilao. However as with most imports, there are specific regulations and costs that are associated. If you have bought your vehicle 3 months before importing it to Guam, you will have to pay 4% as tax. The associated documents that have to be submitted at the domestic U.S. port and at the Port at Apra Harbor include:
- Lien-free title deed.
- Registration documents.
- Insurance certificate.
- Driving license.
- Environmental Protection Agency Form -3520-21(optional)
- Form HS-7 of DOT.
- Purchase invoice with details of Vin, engine no., model and year.
- Customs Forms 7501.
- Bill of Lading.
- EPA permit if importing vehicle over 25 years.
To ensure that you can adhere to the details on government regulations, it is good to hire the expert services of A1 Auto Transport service. We have transported hundreds of vehicles to Guam over the years and understand all aspects of the shipping regulations. It is essential that your vehicle meets all of the emission and safety regulations of DOT and EPA standards.
If you are not a citizen of USA, you are allowed to import the vehicle for only 12 months but clearances from the Environment Protection Agency are needed. If you do not have the right documents or the permits, you can be fined a hefty fee of $300 to $1000 by the government agencies. To ensure that you don’t have to pay any penalties, we’ll help you through the procedures.
Ways to ship your vehicle.
Although there are three methods to ship your vehicle, air shipping is quick but probably as expensive as your car so it doesn’t make sense using it. Other than that the commonly sued methods are RORO or Roll on, Roll off and Enclosed container shipping method.
RORO is most popular as you are only charged according to the space your vehicle occupies on the ship’s deck. The vehicle is driven on/off the ship using its own wheels and during transit it is harnessed in position to limit movement. Thus, the size and length of the vehicle is considered. Though it is the cheapest way to ship your vehicle but there are some restrictions which have to be considered which includes:
- Disabling all car alarms.
- Leaving only 1/4th tank of fuel.
- Removing air conditioning gas and personal items.
- Steam clean the interiors.
- Leave inside spare keys, one tire, floor mats.
The other method of freight shipping your vehicle is enclosed container shipping where you are allowed to put your personal goods along with the car and everything is locked within 20 feet or 40 feet container.
We can assist you through everything so you can count on A1 Auto Transport service. Call us today and let us get started.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory