How to Ship a Boat to Guam?
The process of transporting a boat by sea to reach its home in Guam is one that can only successfully be carried out by experienced, licensed auto transport professionals with international and boat shipping services available. Although it seems nearly impossible to find such services, you are lucky enough to have hundreds of great auto transporters to choose from. There are a lot of boat shipping companies in the US with a history of shipping boats overseas. Just find one with affordable rates, a positive reputation, and all the right credentials.
Regardless of the boat shipping services you decide to buy, you’ll be held responsible for preparing the boat according to standard before its transport date. Most transporters have their preparation requirements already set in stone for their customers. This is partially because preparing the boat is very important for its safety as well as the protection of those carrying out the overseas boat transport. If the vessel is improperly readied for the transport, it could cause serious harm.
Preparing the Boat for Its Journey to Guam
- Remove any flammable or hazardous liquids and materials from the water vessel.
- Securely fasten all hatches and latches. You should tape or tie them down to assure reinforcement. Water shouldn’t have any way in through the seams.
- Close and lock all windows, doors and other similar attachments that could possibly open.
- Remove any valuable goods, electronics and anchors on the boat.
- Disable batteries and disconnect anything powered by electrical or gas.
- Write down any damages that the vessel has. Snap photos below and above the deck of the boat to have proof of its condition before it was handled by professionals.
- If the boat is transported during winter months, have it winterized. Drain all water. This includes checking all pumps, water systems and air conditioners.
- Fasten and tighten any loose gear and cables inside the boat or out on the deck.
- Nothing on the boat can exceed 13ft in height
- Have all documents asked for ready in time for the transporter.
- Help the boat look its best by cleaning it thoroughly before the transport.