Ship a Boat to Guam
The process of transporting a boat by sea to reach its home in Guam is one that can only successfully be carried out by experienced, licensed auto transport professionals with international and boat shipping services available. Although it seems nearly impossible to find such services, you are lucky enough to have hundreds of great auto transporters to choose from. There are a lot of boat shipping companies in the US with a history of shipping boats overseas. Just find one with affordable rates, a positive reputation, and all the right credentials.
Regardless of the boat shipping services you decide to buy, you’ll be held responsible for preparing the boat according to standard before its transport date. Most transporters have their preparation requirements already set in stone for their customers. This is partially because preparing the boat is very important for its safety as well as the protection of those carrying out the overseas boat transport. If the vessel is improperly readied for the transport, it could cause serious harm.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing the Boat for Its Journey to Guam
- Remove any flammable or hazardous liquids and materials from the water vessel.
- Securely fasten all hatches and latches. You should tape or tie them down to assure reinforcement. Water shouldn’t have any way in through the seams.
- Close and lock all windows, doors and other similar attachments that could possibly open.
- Remove any valuable goods, electronics and anchors on the boat.
- Disable batteries and disconnect anything powered by electrical or gas.
- Write down any damages that the vessel has. Snap photos below and above the deck of the boat to have proof of its condition before it was handled by professionals.
- If the boat is transported during winter months, have it winterized. Drain all water. This includes checking all pumps, water systems and air conditioners.
- Fasten and tighten any loose gear and cables inside the boat or out on the deck.
- Nothing on the boat can exceed 13ft in height
- Have all documents asked for ready in time for the transporter.
- Help the boat look its best by cleaning it thoroughly before the transport.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.