Santa Rita is a small town that is located just southwest of the USA’s territory of Guam. The hills surrounding the town overlook the beautiful Apra Harbor.
If you are exporting a vehicle from the United States to Santa Rita, you will need to be aware of some of the costs associated with this process. New vehicles purchased within three months of importing will be required to pay four percent tax to import.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents validating auto import.
In order to import, you will need to insure that you have the right applications filled out and all the necessary documents ready to show. According to the U.S Customs and the Guam port authorities, you will need to following documents:
- Customs form 7501
- A copy of your driver's license.
- Title to your vehicle.
- Proof of current insurance declaration.
- EPA Form 3520-21
- Department of Transportation form HS-7
- Bill of Lading.
- A signed letter from the EPA that gives permission to import your vehicle.
- Bill of Sale that includes the make, model, and description of your vehicle.
Vehicle import Regulations of Guam.
Different regulations from the Guam government can make it hard to import your vehicle. Guam uses the regulations set forth by the United States, and that includes all Department of Transportation and the Environmental Protection Agency standards. When you import a vehicle that is over twenty-five years old, that vehicle will need to meet all requirements that is stated by the Environmental Protection Agency. You will also need to pay a fee that ranges from $300.00 up to $1,000.00.
If you are bringing a vehicle back from the United States, then the owner of the vehicle must be the one that is also on the title and registration. If you are importing a vehicle and are a non-resident of the United States, you will be able to import for one year and as a tourist, but you will not have any extensions of time. You will need to have all documentation available upon request.
A non- resident of the United States that is registered for tourism in Guam cannot sell their vehicle for one year and if they do, they are subject to seizure of vehicle as well as penalties that are issued by customs. A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you in collecting all necessary paperwork to help the process move along without delay.
Shipping options to Guam.
Though it is comparatively easy to ship your vehicle from U.S, the cost of the shipment depends upon the method you select. There are two methods of shipping that you can choose from:
- Roll On/Roll Off method of shipping is the method most often chosen. This method of shipping involves your vehicle being driven onto the ship and then secured for the trip. Once the vehicle is at port in Guam, your vehicle will then be driven off. You can have no personal belongings inside the vehicle when you choose this method of shipping.
- Container shipping method is a great solution for any older vehicle or if you want to ship your vehicle and your personal belongings at one time. You will need a container that is large enough to house all your items including the vehicle.
You might like to discuss your custom requirements with one of our shipping agents at A1 Auto Transport service. We’d like to assist you at every step till you get the delivery of the vehicle in Santa Rita.