Ship Your Car To Or From Denmark
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For most vehicles, the cost of shipping to Denmark from the U.S. comes to roughly $2,000 to $4,400.
- Because of its proximity to Western Europe, Denmark and other Scandinavian countries are fairly popular delivery routes that run frequently.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Denmark
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Aarhus||$200||$3,500||5+30|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Copenhagen||$275||$1,000||5+14|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Aarhus||$350||$3,500||5+30|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Fredericia||$550||$3,800||6+30|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Copenhagen||$575||$1,000||6+14|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Copenhagen||$675||$1,000||6+14|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Aarhus||$775||$3,500||7+30|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Copenhagen||$800||$1,000||6+14|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Copenhagen||$925||$1,000||7+14|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Copenhagen||$1,025||$1,700||7+30|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
There are two different routes you can take if you would like to import your vehicle into Denmark. Both of these options require a little research and, of course, the assistance of a reputable auto transport company.
- The first option is to apply for permission to drive the vehicle in Denmark temporarily without paying any registration fees.
- The second option is to permanently import the vehicle into Denmark and complete all steps to have it properly registered.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Denmark
- Certificate of registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Proof of residence for at least 12 months.
Another consideration is that registration taxes for vehicles brought into Denmark is extremely high, generally between 100% to 200% of the value of the vehicle. Make sure you include this cost when assessing how much the total cost will be for shipping a vehicle to Denmark from another country.
This scenario would only take place if you are going to stay in Denmark as a student or you are working at a temporary job. Further information, along with the required application form can be found here.
- Documents needed - Current Vehicle Registration and Proof of Length of Stay/Duration.
- In addition, you will be required to pay a fee of DKK 400 (approximately $73 US Dollars) and submit the receipt along with the application and above-referenced documents.
This is a much more common situation and requires you to import and properly register your vehicle in Denmark. This process MUST be completed within 14 days of arriving in the country.
Steps of Procedure:
- After arriving, the vehicle must pass an extended registration inspection given by an approved vehicle inspection center (http://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/EN/Vehicle-inspection-and-vehicles.aspx).
- Request a valuation from the Danish Register of Motor Vehicles at http://www.skat.dk/tastselv.
- After requesting the evaluation, you will receive a receipt that you should keep in your vehicle so that you will be able to legally drive until your registration tax has been calculated and paid.
- You will receive notification of the amount of registration tax due based on the valuation of your car and it is payable at one of four motor registry offices immediately.
- Once the registration tax is paid, you are eligible to buy a number plate (the Danish equivalent of the US license plate).
The Danish Register of Motor Vehicles also referred to as SKAT, has a great website (www.skat.dk) with an abundance of information. Because rules and regulations are constantly changing, it is really in your best interest to check the website prior to scheduling the shipment of your vehicle, and again, ensure you select a trustworthy auto transport company to make the entire process move along smoothly.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Denmark
The process it takes to ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo outside of the United States is best left up to the professionals. The skilled transporters and specialists at A1 Auto Transport have access to everything they need from the latest in shipping technologies to the highest quality transport equipment. For decades, we have been shipping large and heavy cargo nationally and internationally as requested by our customers. We are certain we can ship your cargo to Denmark regardless of what it is.
Kinds of Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo We Can Transport
The list of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’re able to ship can go on forever. However, we would like to give you somewhat of an idea before you call in to schedule your transport.
- Pontoon Boats
- Asphalt Pavers
- Industrial Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Engineering Equipment
Regardless of what you’re shipping to Denmark, we will pair your shipping services with free insurance coverage. If the coverage provided for free isn’t sufficient, we do offer additional insurance packages.
What Is the Best Way to Ship My Cargo to Denmark?
The best way to ship your cargo to Denmark from the U.S. is contingent on what type of cargo you have to transport. After you provide the details of your cargo and transport preferences to one of our representatives, they will let you know what methods of transport are available to you. Here are the transport methods you will have to choose from if your cargo is suitable for any of the overseas shipping options…
- Container Shipping
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping
LoLo, RoRo and flat rack shipping are all open air services. One of them is suitable for inoperable and crated equipment while one of them is only available to those shipping operable vehicles or equipment. Flat rack shipping is the most protective of the three open air methods.
If you wish for the utmost security, you may be able to take advantage of container transport services. However, your cargo will need to fit into a 40ft shipping container. If it is at all possible, we will disassemble the equipment or vehicle so that it fits snuggly in the container for its transport.
Related Information & FAQs
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Denmark?
- The process of shipping a car to Denmark through an international transporter
- Ship a car to Denmark from the US by purchasing affordable overseas transport services
- Try shipping your car to Denmark through a reputable overseas transporter
- Use enclosed transport services to ship your car to Denmark safely
- What services should I use to safely ship my car to Denmark
- Import vehicle into USA from Denmark
- Denmark container shipping
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.