Ship Your Car To Or From Denmark.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For most vehicles, the cost of shipping to Denmark from the U.S. comes to roughly $2,000 to $4,400.
- Because of its proximity to Western Europe, Denmark and other Scandinavian countries are fairly popular delivery routes that run frequently.
There are two different routes you can take if you would like to import your vehicle into Denmark. Both of these options require a little research and, of course, the assistance of a reputable auto transport company.
- The first option is to apply for permission to drive the vehicle in Denmark temporarily without paying any registration fees.
- The second option is to permanently import the vehicle into Denmark and complete all steps to have it properly registered.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Denmark.
- Certificate of registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Proof of residence for at least 12 months.
Another consideration is that registration taxes for vehicles brought into Denmark is extremely high, generally between 100% to 200% of the value of the vehicle. Make sure you include this cost when assessing how much the total cost will be for shipping a vehicle to Denmark from another country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
This scenario would only take place if you are going to stay in Denmark as a student or you are working at a temporary job. Further information, along with the required application form can be found here.
- Documents needed – Current Vehicle Registration and Proof of Length of Stay/Duration.
- In addition, you will be required to pay a fee of DKK 400 (approximately $73 US Dollars) and submit the receipt along with the application and above-referenced documents.
This is a much more common situation and requires you to import and properly register your vehicle in Denmark. This process MUST be completed within 14 days of arriving in the country.
Steps of Procedure:
- After arriving, the vehicle must pass an extended registration inspection given by an approved vehicle inspection center (http://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/EN/Vehicle-inspection-and-vehicles.aspx).
- Request a valuation from the Danish Register of Motor Vehicles at http://www.skat.dk/tastselv.
- After requesting the evaluation, you will receive a receipt that you should keep in your vehicle so that you will be able to legally drive until your registration tax has been calculated and paid.
- You will receive notification of the amount of registration tax due based on the valuation of your car and it is payable at one of four motor registry offices immediately.
- Once the registration tax is paid, you are eligible to buy a number plate (the Danish equivalent of the US license plate).
The Danish Register of Motor Vehicles also referred to as SKAT, has a great website (www.skat.dk) with an abundance of information. Because rules and regulations are constantly changing, it is really in your best interest to check the website prior to scheduling the shipment of your vehicle, and again, ensure you select a trustworthy auto transport company to make the entire process move along smoothly.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Denmark?
- The process of shipping a car to Denmark through an international transporter
- Ship a car to Denmark from the US by purchasing affordable overseas transport services
- Try shipping your car to Denmark through a reputable overseas transporter
- Use enclosed transport services to ship your car to Denmark safely
- What services should I use to safely ship my car to Denmark
- Import vehicle into USA from Denmark
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory