Heavy Equipment Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport, Inc.
A-1 Auto Transport doesn’t just ship vehicles! We can also help you ship any type of heavy equipment from a tractor to crane. Below you’ll find information about the types of heavy equipment we transport most commonly, as well as some basic information you’ll need to get an estimate, and some tips for how to approach the process.
If you have any questions about anything mention here, we encourage you to call us at the number at the top of the page. Here are some of the types of equipment we’ve helped ship recently, both in the United States and internationally:
- Tractors, combines & farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- Industrial equipment
- Dump trucks
- Hydraulic equipment
- Track loaders & graders
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Trenchers & scrapers
- Engineering & agricultural equipment
In addition to the items listed above, we can also transport just about anything else—if you have any doubts, just call us and we’ll be happy to help you or point you in the direction of someone who can!
Size & Weight As It Relates To Transport
Size and weight are two of the primary influences on the overall price you’ll pay for shipping heavy equipment (or any item, for that matter). “Size” should be taken more to mean dimensions in this case since most equipment and oversized loads are not standard, boxy dimensions. Because of dimensional constraints, some equipment may need to be disassembled before transport.
The size and weight may also affect the options you have when shipping. Where you happen to be shipping to is also a factor: a container or lift-on, lift-off method makes more sense than a flatbed truck if you’re shipping overseas. You can find more information transport options, as well as a guide to finding the weight of construction equipment, at the bottom of the page under the Resources section.
If have questions, need some guidance, or would like a cost estimate in regards to heavy equipment shipping, contact us today! Call us at 1-800-452-2880 or use our quote calculator to get a shipping rate instantly!
Transporting Heavy Equipment: Concerns & Resources
Two key ingredients to a positive shipping experience are expertise on the behalf of the company doing the work, and the assurance that you’re in good hands even if the unthinkable happens. Here’s some information to help you sort the good from the bad.
- Insurance is a common concern for anyone shipping heavy equipment, as it is for pretty much anything else. However, since equipment tends to cost more than most cargo and is usually an integral part of a business, insurance is an essential matter. The bottom line is this: any reputable company that ships a vehicle, construction equipment, or heavy freight must have a legally mandated level of insurance to cover what it ships. Finding this information online can be challenging, but shippers should be happy to provide it if you ask and it should also be included in the contract.
- Expertise is essential when hauling any oversized item or piece of heavy equipment. Expertise doesn’t just mean someone with attention to detail, but also a shipper that has the appropriate experience. This applies to both the equipment being moved and where it’s being moved to. A shipper that moves combines across the state regularly may not be the right option if you need a heavyweight skid steer moved across the country.
Hire a Reliable Heavy Equipment Transport Company
For a safe and quick delivery, it’s best to call the experts. Just start by going online and looking for “equipment hauling near me.” Then, narrow your options by finding the companies with the best reputations (proven through online reviews) for their international and domestic hauling services. Contact each of the prospective transporters to ask questions about insurance, services and prices.
Transport company professionals will explain all your options including the various container sizes, they’ll provide you with insurance information, and in most cases even give out free quotes so you have an idea what it will cost to ship your precious cargo. Some transport companies have an online calculator so you can get a fast estimate for services based on the current rates per mile as well as weight and size dimensions. Luckily, the rates per mile and cost of shipping services are quite reasonable and known for their cost efficiency.
Some of these manufacturers include:
Texas, Hawaii, California, Florida, and New York are some of the major U.S. states with ports that accept and handle these types of oversized loads. It takes specialized towing equipment and state-of-the-art carriers and haulers to get oversized cargo and containers to their destination.
Advice and Tips on Freight Shipping
Depending on where you plan to have the heavy equipment shipped, there are several ways to have it safely delivered. Not all transportation companies have the same choices, but you can have your equipment shipped by aircraft, heavy-lift ships, flatbed truck or trailer, or container. Many heavy equipment hauling companies will provide you with options. It’s great to have variety when it comes to a heavy haul. Depending on what is being shipped, your cargo may need special care and hauling equipment. So, don’t hesitate to ask your transport brokers if they offer any special heavy equipment moving services.
On the day of your heavy equipment movers are due to arrive, make sure everything is clutter free for the loaders. They’ll need room for their tools and equipment so they can load and tow safely. Providing them with this security and clearance is your responsibility. Once they leave the property, your equipment is protected by the insurance held by the heavy equipment hauling company as it makes its way to its destination. During its trip, it may be transferred to another hauler. However, you will be provided with this information when you call in to schedule for services and learn about the logistics of the haul.
Overseas Shipping Methods for Heavy Equipment Transports
- Roll-On/Roll-Off – The RoRo method is a common form of transport for heavy equipment deliveries made to a country overseas. A flatbed ship is the vessel used to haul heavy equipment such as motorhomes and industrial machinery. There are some height and weight restrictions.
- Flat Rack Shipping – This method delivers boats, RVs and other pieces of heavy equipment on a flat rack that is then secured atop a ship. This open-air method is favorable due to its cheaper shipping rates and ability to ship a broader range of cargo.
- Container Shipping – If your cargo can fit into a large shipping container this is a great transport method. It offers your heavy machinery more protection against poor weather conditions as it makes its way to another nation.
- Lift-On/Lift-Off – The LoLo method is best used for shipping non-operable vehicles, engines, farm equipment, and other forms heavy equipment. Your cargo is lifted with a crane and placed on top of the ship for its transport.
Heavy Equipment Shipping Services
- Shipping a bulldozer
- Shipping a combine
- Shipping a forklift
- Shipping a harvester
- Shipping a pontoon boat
- Shipping a tractor
- Shipping agricultural equipment
- Shipping an air drill
- Shipping a cold planer
- Shipping a crane
- Shipping a log loader
- Shipping a pneumatic roller
- Shipping a skid steer loader
- Shipping a skidder
- Shipping an asphalt paver
- Shipping an excavator
- Shipping backhoes
- Shipping boom lifts
- Shipping construction equipment
- Shipping crawler loaders
- Shipping farm equipment
- Shipping heavy trucks
- Shipping industrial plant equipment
- Shipping motor graders
- Shipping mowers
- Shipping scissor lifts
- Shipping trenchers
Heavy Equpiment Shipping Information
- An introduction to heavy equipment freight insurance
- How much does it cost to ship heavy equipment
- How to prepare your heavy equipment for transport
- How to ship industrial equipment
- What is an oversize load
- What is heavy equipment in regards to shipping
- Shipping heavy equipment overseas
- Heavy equipment shipping rates
- Equipment haulers for hire
- Equipment hauling brokers
- Heavy equipment trucking companies
- Heavy equipment hauling rates
- Heavy equipment transport companies
- Heavy equipment shipping estimate
- Construction equipment hauling
- Farm equipment haulers
- Heavy equipment shipping calculator
- Equipment hauling near me
- Heavy haul rates per mile
- Airplane shipping
- Oversized equipment shipping
Heavy Equipment Shipping Resources
Construction Equipment Specs & Weight – A good place to look if you need an estimate; or in many cases, the exact number, for how much a particular piece of equipment weighs. Good information to have when you’re getting a shipping estimate!
Heavy Equipment Transport Options – This is the place to look if you have questions about the basic methods of moving heavy equipment, as well as some of the limitations and concerns you should be aware of.
Heavy Equipment Shipping Service Areas
Heavy Equipment Shipping Services
- Bobcat Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Case Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Ford Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Freightliner Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Isuzu Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- John Deere Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Kenworth Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Komatsu Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Kubota Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Mack Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Massey Ferguson Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- New Holland Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Peterbilt Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling
- Shipping a Bulldozer
- Shipping a Cold Planer
- Shipping a Combine
- Shipping a Crane
- Shipping a Forklift
- Shipping a Harvester
- Shipping a Log Loader
- Shipping a Pneumatic Roller
- Shipping a Pontoon Boat
- Shipping a Skid Steer Loader
- Shipping a Skidder
- Shipping a Tractor
- Shipping Agricultural Equipment
- Shipping an Air Drill
- Shipping an Asphalt Paver
- Shipping an Excavator
- Shipping Backhoes
- Shipping Boom Lifts
- Shipping Construction Equipment
- Shipping Crawler Loaders
- Shipping Farm Equipment
- Shipping Heavy Equipment
- Shipping Heavy Trucks
- Shipping Industrial Plant Equipment
- Shipping Motor Graders
- Shipping Mowers
- Shipping Scissor Lifts
- Shipping Trenchers
- Vermeer Heavy Equipment Shipping & Hauling