Ship Your Car To Or From Odense, Denmark
Located in Denmark, Odense is the seat of Odense Municipality and is twenty-eight miles just north of Svendborg, eighty-nine miles to Aarhus in the southern end, one hundred four miles away from Copenhagen. The city is located on the banks of the Odense River that meets with Odense Fjord and Kerteminde Fjord.
Learn more about shipping vehicles to Denmark.
With scenic surroundings, panoramic natural views and plenty of opportunities to study and work, Odense is one of the sought after destination for foreign workers and students alike. However, when you move, it is best to bring over your vehicle as you will need to traverse the city for both work and leisure activities. It is much cheaper to have your own vehicle than use public transport on a long term basis.
If you want to ship a car to Denmark, getting a free quote will help get a custom price. However, on an average, the price is between $2000 and $4400. With good trade relations with USA, it is not difficult to import to Denmark. You can choose from two different ways to import your vehicle and our shipping agent from A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you in determining which way is best for you.
Option #1: To apply and receive permission to drive your vehicle within Denmark, on a temporary basis and not pay any registration fees because you don’t plan to be there that long.
Option #2: To apply for a permanent import in Denmark and follow all the necessary steps in order to get your vehicle registered within the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Denmark
To get started on your import request, you will need to verify all your information. In order to do that, you will need to provide copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of registration
- Proof of insurance on your vehicle
- Proof of residence for a minimum of 12 months
You will also need to pay all the taxes and duties that are involved in auto import. Transporting a vehicle to Denmark could cost as much as 100% to 200% of the value of your vehicle. This is a high percentage compared to other countries. You will want to ensure that your vehicle is being assessed correctly throughout the process.
If you are only staying in Denmark for a short period of time, then you only need a temporary import permit. Here are a few things you will want to know.
- You will need to bring in your current vehicle registration as well as show proof for the length of stay in Denmark
- You will need to pay the fee of DKK 400 which is approximately $58.00 USD.
- Submit receipts along with your application, for temporary import.
If you want to transport your vehicle to Odense on a permanent basis, here are a few things you should know:
- The process is required to be completed within 14 days of your arrival in Denmark.
- The vehicle will need to pass an inspection for registration that is issued by the Vehicle Inspection Center
- Once you receive your car valuation, you will then get a receipt that you can keep inside your vehicle so you are allowed to drive it, until the new registration tax is paid
- Watch for your notification for the total amount of registration tax that is due based e evaluation of the vehicle. You will need to pay this amount at one of the Motor Registry Offices as soon as possible. There are four of these offices that you can pay at.
- Once the taxes are paid, you can buy a number/license plate for your vehicle
- Familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations found on the Danish Register of Motor Vehicles.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory