- Fcl Container Shipping (Full Container Load) To Denmark
- Lcl Container Shipping (Less Than Container Load) To Denmark
- Ocean Freight Transport To Denmark
- Air Freight Transport To Denmark
- How Much Does It Cost To Ship To Denmark?
- Shipping Ports In Denmark
- Customs Clearance In Denmark
- Get A Free Price Rate Quote For Shipping To Denmark
Need to ship your personal items or commercial goods to Denmark? Looking for an experienced, reputable cargo carrier for your freight? At A-1 Auto Transport, we offer experienced ocean or air freight container shipping to Denmark.
No matter where you are in the United States, we can help you get your shipment to Denmark quickly – without breaking the bank. Get more details about our ocean and air freight container shipping services below, or contact us now for a quote.
FCL Container Shipping (Full Container Load) To Denmark
FCL (Full Container Load) shipping is the preferred method for shipping bulk freight to Denmark. In this method of shipping, you pay for the use of a full 20-foot or 40-foot cargo container, which will be loaded with your items. You can use multiple containers if you have too much freight to fit into a single container.
LCL Container Shipping (Less than Container Load) To Denmark
LCL (Less than Container Load) shipping is a good option if you don’t need to ship a full-sized cargo container to Denmark. Instead of paying for the use of a full 20-foot cargo container, you can simply pay for a percentage of the space within the container, and share the remaining space with other shipping clients.
If your stuff fits into 50% of the container’s volume, that’s what you’ll pay for. Then, other individuals and businesses can pay to use the other 50% of the container’s volume, which makes this a much more economical method of ocean freight transport.
Ocean Freight Transport To Denmark
Ocean freight transport is very reliable and affordable, particularly for items that are nonperishable, heavy, or bulky. Your cargo container will be loaded onto a cargo ship at the nearest port, then sent by ocean trade routes to Denmark. Then, it will be unloaded and examined by customs, and released to you or your customs agent.
Depending on the departure and arrival destination, required stops and a few other factors, it can take between 20-45 days for your cargo to arrive at your destination port in Denmark, so it’s not ideal for time-sensitive shipments.
Air Freight Transport To Denmark
Air freight transport to Denmark is much faster than ocean freight. In most cases, your shipment will take only about 3-5 days to arrive at the destination airport, and rush shipping is often available for an extra fee to ship your goods within 1-3 days.
However, air freight transport is usually at least 4x more expensive than ocean freight container shipping. This means that you should consider your options carefully, and only use air freight transport for lightweight, extremely valuable, or perishable/time-sensitive items.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship To Denmark?
Wondering how much it will cost to ship your items to Denmark? Here are a few of the factors that may influence how much you’ll pay for your freight shipment.
- Method of shipment – If you choose to ship your items by air, you’ll pay a lot more than you would if you shipped them via ocean freight transport. If you are on a tight budget, make sure you plan ahead to ensure you can send your items by ocean transport, and you’ll save a lot of money.
- Last-mile delivery – You’ll need to use a truck or the rail network to get your shipment to its end destination, in most cases. You’ll need to have your shipment moved from the seaport or airport where it arrives at its final destination. If you plan on storing your goods for any length of time before last-mile delivery, you will also need to pay warehousing fees.
- Volume/weight of freight – Freight is charged by volume when shipping on ocean-going container ships. The more space you use in a container (LCL shipping) or the more containers you need (FCL shipping), the more you’ll pay. Weight is not typically a factor in ocean freight.
The opposite is true of air freight. The weight of your items affects the plane’s airworthiness, fuel consumption, and other such things, and is very important. Because of this, air freight is charged by weight rather than volume.
- Import taxes and fees – You’ll need to pay import fees, taxes, and VAT on your imported items in Denmark, unless they’re only for personal use and you qualify for an exemption. This can add quite a bit to the overall cost of importing your cargo.
- Customs brokers – In most cases, you’ll need to pay a fee to hire a customs broker in Germany unless you’re already physically present in the country. Customs brokers act as your representative throughout the import and customs process, so they are an essential part of shipping cargo to Germany.
- Time of year – Peak shipping season on ocean routes happens twice yearly. You can expect to pay more in January-February, and in August-September. If you plan your shipments and avoid these peak times, you’ll likely get a better deal.
Keep these factors in mind when determining how to ship your goods, and when to do so. Need a quote? Contact A-1 Auto Transport now to get started.
Shipping Ports In Denmark
Denmark is nearly completely surrounded by the North Sea and the Baltic Sea, and it has nearly 3 dozen ports serving both Denmark and the adjacent Nordic countries. Here are a few of its top shipping ports.
- Port of Aarhus – Located on the east coast of Jutland, the Port of Aarhus is the largest port in Denmark by container volume, and it handles more than 2.8 million TEU and nearly 7.5 million metric tons of cargo per year, handling nearly 50% of the country’s total container traffic.
- Port of Copenhagen – The Port of Copenhagen is one of the largest in the Baltic Sea, and it handles more than 1.39 million TEU and nearly 6 million metric tons of cargo per year.
- Port of Fredericia – Port of Fredericia is the largest container port in the Southern Denmark region, and is located with easy access to major European motorways. It handles 833,000 TEU per year, and has the highest cargo throughput by tonnage, with more than 9 million metric tons of cargo passing through this port per year.
- Port of Aalborg – Located on the Limfjord, near the North Sea, the Port of Aalborg is responsible for handling more than 357,000 TEU and 2.5 million metric tons of cargo each year.
- Port of Esbjerg – Port of Esberg is on the southern coast of Jutland, and handles 222,000 TEU and nearly 4.5 million metric tons of cargo per year, making it one of the most important ports in this area.
Depending on where you’re shipping your goods, it may be appropriate to send them to any one of these ports – or one of Denmark’s many other ports. A-1 Auto Transport can help you determine the right option for your needs.
Customs Clearance In Denmark
Personal household goods can be imported to Denmark free of charge, as long as you meet a few conditions. Personal motor vehicles can also be imported, but the fees for doing so are quite high – often exceeding the value of the vehicle.
Items imported from European Union countries are usually duty-free, with only a few exceptions. However, most items imported into Denmark from non-EU countries for commercial use are subject to an import duty of around 5-14% of the CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight) value. In addition, there is a 25% VAT, which applies both to domestic items and imported items.
It’s also important to note that there are some prohibited commodities and items that you cannot import to Denmark, such as pirated/counterfeit products, explicit material, ivory, and “dangerous goods,” as well as weapons.
To ensure your items get through customs quickly and easily, it’s best to work with a local customs broker in Denmark. Customs brokers act as your legal representative, and will work with the local authorities to get your shipment through customs quickly and easily – and ensure that all relevant paperwork and documentation is filed.
Get a Free Price Rate Quote For Shipping To Denmark
Need to ship your personal items to Denmark, or interested in importing items for commercial or business use? No matter what your needs may be, A-1 Auto Transport is here to help. We specialize in shipping freight throughout the EU and the world – including Denmark.
With years of experience, a large network of logistics professionals and customs brokers, and reliable, customer-centered service, we can ensure that your items get to their destination safely, quickly, and on-budget. Contact us online now to get a quote for your shipment, or feel free to call us directly at 1-888-509-3213.