Ship Car To Frederiksberg
Ship Your Car To Or From Frederiksberg, Denmark
Frederiksberg is a part of the Capital Region of the country and it is actually an independent municipality. It is typically treated, however, as part of the city or suburbs of Copenhagen and it’s considered to be amongst the most prestigious areas to live in.
There are two different routes that you can actually take if you want to get your car into Denmark. Both of them require a bit of research and, of course, the assistance of an auto transport company, such as A-1 Auto Transport service.
- The first option is to go for a permission to drive the car in Denmark temporarily – you won’t have to pay any registration fees.
- The second option is to import your car permanently and you would need to complete all of the necessary steps to get it registered properly.
For any import and export process, it is important to ensure that the customs are cleared in USA and in Denmark with ease. To do that you will need to submit the requisite documents
- Proof of auto insurance
- Proof of residence for no less than 12 months
- Certificate of registration
- International driving license
- Residence permit/work visa
Another important consideration that you have to account for is that there are extremely high registration taxes when you import into Denmark, they can go as much as 100% or 200% of the value of the car. Make sure that you include this cost when you make your budget for car transportation. For the majority of regular vehicles, the cost of shipping to Denmark from the U.S. is usually around $2,000 to $4,400. Denmark, as well as other Scandinavian countries is rather fairly popular because of their close proximity with Western Europe.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
This is the most commonly preferred option when it comes to it. The process for the permanent import needs to be completed within 14 days after you arrive in the country. The steps are:
- Pass extended registration inspection which is given by a certified and approved inspection center.
- Request thorough valuation from the Danish Register of Motor Vehicles.
- Keep the receipt that you get from the valuation so that you can drive the car legally until your registration tax has been properly calculated as well as paid for.
- You will get a notification as soon as the calculation is done and you need to pay it immediately.
- Once you have paid it, you are officially eligible to get a number plate.
This is a far simpler procedure as you will need to get your current vehicle registration and a proof of length of your stay – this could be a student program or an employment contract. You will also have to pay an additional fee of about $73 and submit the receipt where you need the temporary import permit needed. Of course, working with A1 Auto Transport is definitely going to ensure a process which is hassle free and seamless, is something very important.
You have the option of shipping the vehicle using two basic methods. This includes Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping. You have the option of picking a cheaper way to ship if you select RORO and in case, you need a more secure method, you can select container shipping. You might to weigh out the pros and cons before selecting any method. To get more information about shipping your vehicle to Denmark, call A1- Auto Transport service.