The center of Esbjerg municipality and a flourishing seaport, the Danish city of Esbjerg is situated on the coast of the Jutland peninsula. It is the sixth largest city with bustling trade and maritime commerce.
If you are planning to relocate to Esbjerg in Denmark from USA, you might want to bring your car with you for the ease of traveling in the city. And it might be cheaper than buying a new car in Denmark. The best aspect is that you are allowed to import the vehicle on a temporary or permanent basis. You need to know more about it and then hire a reputed shipping company like A1 Auto Transport as we can be of immediate assistance with the documentation and guide you through the U.S Customs and the Danish Customs and Tax Administration.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The difference between temporary import and permanent import is that under temporary permit you don’t have to pay any registration fees or taxes but get to drive the car for a few weeks. However, when you are permanently importing it, you have to pay all the taxes and get the vehicle registered in Denmark. You will need to fill out the application form available for Temporary permit to import. There are some documents that you need to submit including:
- Proof of stay/Visa.
- Valid driving license.
- Current registration of the vehicle.
- Title deed of the car.
- Receipt of Permit fee of DKK 400.
However, this is only if you need to import the vehicle for a few weeks to six month. After that period the vehicle has to be sent back to USA.
About importing the vehicle permanently.
Most people prefer importing the vehicle permanently and if you need to do that, A1 Auto Transport service can be of complete help. However, it is imperative that you get the vehicle registered with the Danish authorities within 14 days of importing the vehicle. This procedure includes:
- Extended inspection for registration by the Vehicle Inspection Center
- Submit form for valuation of the vehicle at Danish Register of Motor Vehicles. You will be provided a receipt of completing the valuation process. This allows you to drive in the city of Esbjerg till complete registration is done.
- Based on the evaluation of the vehicle, registration tax is calculated and has to be paid immediately. After that you can buy the license tags and number plate.
As far as importing the vehicles are concerned, you are allowed to ship it through container shipping and RORO. Esbjerg is a port city so delivery is quick. We offer complete logistic support so you can contact us if there are queries or questions about method and cost of shipping.
Additionally, to know more about the latest laws and regulations, it is best to contact the Embassy of Denmark.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?