Some people are hesitant to ship their car overseas. The costs of shipping and potential risks scare them. When you hire a professional international transport company, a very little risk is involved and the cost of shipping a car is much less than assumed.
In fact, overseas auto transports are known as a cost effective service. Nearly all car dealerships and manufacturers use the help of professional transporters to have their inventory shipped around safely.
If you want to ship your car to Ukraine from the U.S., find a transport company with a great reputation and affordable shipping services. You can look into different transporters online. This is a good place to start. Gather a few phone numbers and begin calling around for quotes. Schedule your shipping date at least a couple months in advance.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Have the Car Ready for Transport.
Prepare your car for the shipping process. It should be in its best condition. When you get the car ready according to the transport company’s standard procedure, the vehicle and those handling it are kept safer.
What to do…
- Wash the car. Clean off all dirt and debris. Clean out the inside of the vehicle. Vacuum and remove all clutter.
- If the car is being shipped through open air services, make sure it is completely empty. The only exceptions are floor mats, car jacks, and spare tires. Otherwise, remove any items that weren’t manufactured with the car.
- Look at all the car’s fluids to make sure they’re full. Don’t fill the gas tank. Leave the tank less than ¼ full.
- Turn off the alarm system. The shipping company might also ask that you disconnect the battery. This depends on how the car is shipped.
- List any damages the car has. Take pictures if the interior and exterior.