Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Lviv
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Lviv is the largest city in the western part of Ukraine. It is also the seventh largest city in the entire country apart from being the hub of culture in the Ukraine.
Lviv can be found on the far edge of Roztochia Upland that is about forty-three miles from the border of Poland and approximately ninety-nine miles from the Eastern Carpathian Mountains.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Need to import vehicle.
If you are moving to Lviv, you will need to bring your vehicle with you so you can get around more easily and on your own time. There are updated rules and regulations regarding importing vehicles but that’s why it’s important to hire a reputable international shipping company to help you. At A1 Auto Transport service, we know the rules and regulations and stay abreast of the latest developments. With over 20 years in the shipping industry, we have moved hundreds of vehicles to Ukraine and surrounding countries.
Over the years, many changes took place and the taxes and import duties being charged due to the rise in vehicle value and engine capacity. Changes are ranging from:
- 1000cc to 1500cc – Duty will be 6.46% depending on the price of the vehicle.
- 1500cc to 2200cc – Duty will be closer to 13%.
Additionally, vehicles can be imported on a temporary basis of two months or less however if you will have them there longer, you will need to have them registered with the Ministry of Internal Affairs. If a vehicle is more than seven years old, it will be allowed in the country, but effective from the year 2016, Ukraine may begin following the EU guidelines on importing a vehicle which will mean stricter Emissions and environmental guidelines.
Imported related documentation.
For validation of ownership and legality of the import, the customs departments in US and in Ukraine will need you to submit the following documentation:
- Bill of purchase that lists the vehicle’s engine size, chassis number, and vehicle identification number.
- Title of the vehicle.
- Cargo Customs Declaration (CCD Form).
- Bill of Lading.
- Owner’s passport.
- Driver’s license.
- Tax Receipts.
- Insurance proof.
You will also be responsible for paying 20% VAT on a vehicle that is imported to Lviv and any other city in Ukraine. If you need to house your vehicle in temporary storage, you will also incur charges by the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine.
Freight Cargo Options.
You can choose from two main methods of shipping; Roll On/ Roll Off method and container shipping. Air shipping is another option, however, it is so costly that most people choose one of the other two choices.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is the best way to ship your vehicle a where. Your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship by way of ramps. Once it’s on the deck, it will be harnessed for safety. Once it reaches the port, it will be driven off the ship. You will only be charged for the parking bay spot that your vehicle takes up. However, there are regulations that must be considered:
- Only 1/4 tank of gas in the tank.
- The interior and exterior of your vehicle must be steam cleaned thoroughly.
- No personal items can be left inside.
- No air conditioning gas allowed.
- All alarms must be off or disabled.
- Leave one spare key, a tire, tire jack, and floor mats inside the vehicle.
Container shipping is another way to ship your vehicle to another country. It will be placed inside the container and placed on the ship. You can place all your personal items inside the car and the container to transport everything at once. This is the best choice if you are moving to the Ukraine.
You can find out more information about the rules and regulations of shipping to Ukraine by contacting the Embassy of Ukraine.