Odessa is a large city in Ukraine and is the administrative headquarters of the Odessa Oblast. A major seaport and hub of trade and commerce, you might find plenty of employment opportunities here.
However, regardless of the reason of your move to Ukraine, you need to have your vehicle with you to commute with ease and at your own time.
Though the current legislature has enhanced the import duties on imported vehicles, there are no fixed taxes but everything hinges on the evaluated value of the vehicles and the engine capacity. Thus, vehicles with engine capacity ranging from 1000cc to 1500cc have to pay a duty of 6.46% depending on the price of the vehicle while those vehicles with higher engine capacity of 1500 cc to 2200 cc are taxed at nearly 13%.
You can import a vehicle temporarily for two months but after that they have to be registered with the Ministry of Internal affairs. No vehicle above the age of 7 years is allowed to be imported while as of 2016, Ukraine might start following the EU guidelines on vehicle imports, which can further make the laws stringent.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation for auto imports to Odessa.
- Bill of vehicle purchase with details on engine/chassis number, VIN.
- Title deed.
- Cargo Customs Declaration (CCD) form.
- Bill of Lading.
- Owner’s passport and driving license.
- Tax receipts.
Additionally there is 20% VAT on all vehicles imported to Odessa and other cities in Ukraine. In case you need temporary storage of the vehicle there are charges by the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine.
You have the option of importing the vehicle using freight cargo methods which includes air shipping, Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping. Air shipping can be ruled out as it is not a viable option as the charges are extremely high. That is one of the reasons that ocean bound freight shipping is preferred option with most people.
RORO: Your vehicle will be driven on the ship’s deck using ramps and then harnessed in place. You only have to pay for the parking bay so it turns out to be the most affordable option. There are a few limitations to consider:
- 1/4th tank of fuel only.
- Steam clean interiors before shipping.
- No personal items or air conditioning gas allowed.
- Switch off all alarms.
- Extra keys, tire, jack and floor mats need to be inside the vehicle.
Container shipment: This is a safer method of shipping your vehicle along with any other personal items that you need. This is a better method when you are relocating on an extended stay visa to Ukraine as the container can be packed with household goods along with the car.
If you need more information about the current laws and regulations on vehicle imports, contact the Embassy of Ukraine.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory