Ship Your Car To Or From Mariupol, Ukraine
Located in the south eastern part of Ukraine, Mariupol is found on the northern coast of Azov Sea and at the main entrance of the Kalmius River. Mariupol is the tenth largest city located in Ukraine and is the center of the industry and higher education as well as the business district.
If you want to bring your vehicle to Ukraine when you come to visit, go to school, or work, you will want to know the process. The two main factors that currently make it slightly difficult to export a vehicle to the Ukraine is the relationship between Russia and the Ukraine and sanctions that are being imposed by the U.S. The second factor is the laws that govern the importing of automobiles. Importing taxes are high in the Ukraine too.
However, you might need to get a free quote to start the process. You can transport your vehicle from the United States to Ukraine for as little as $2400.00 for a basic sized car, however, this total will change with some factors such as what you want to ship, what shipping method you want to use, and what you need to ship with your vehicle. You will also be charged both importing taxes and registration fees.
While the Ukraine government has made plans to decrease the amount of import duties that will be charged on a vehicle, it hasn’t changed yet. To determine the amount of duties charged for importing, you can see that engine volume of 1,500 CC is taxed at 6.46%, while the engine volume of 1,500 – 2,000 CC is about 12.95%. Thus, depending upon the engine capacity, you will be taxed. Once a vehicle has been cleared, the owners are given two months to register the vehicle with the Ukraine Ministry of Internal Affairs. All vehicles coming to the Ukraine must be no more than five years old.
Documents for Shipping a Vehicle to the Ukraine
To transport a vehicle from the U.S to Ukraine, you will need to make copies of the following documentation:
- Bill of Lading
- Passport and Visa
- Insurance declaration
- Customs cargo declaration
- Certificate of origin and conformity
- Proof of payment for any taxes and duties
- Purchase Invoice/ Bill of Sale
- Declaration of customs volume
- Vehicle title
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxes & Duties
While import taxes are required, they are not the only fees charged. There are additional taxes that include:
- Strict 20% Value Added Tax
- Customs charges for temporary storage of the vehicles or if your vehicle is imported after normal business hours.
- Vehicle registration after a two month period
- Emissions laws
You can choose to import your vehicle via freight cargo including air travel shipping, Roll On/ Roll Off, and container shipping. Air shipping is very quick and efficient but it is also the more expensive. The most affordable way to ship your vehicle is by using the Roll on/ Roll Off. With this method, your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship where it will be harnessed down for the trip. Once it reaches the port, it will be driven off of the ship and turned over to customs. With this shipping method, there are a few steps you must take to prepare your vehicle which includes
- Only having one-fourth tank of gas in the gas tank
- Steam cleaning the vehicles interior and exterior
- Making sure no personal items are left in the vehicle
- Removing the air conditioning gas
- Turning off or disabling all alarms
- Leaving only an extra set of keys, tire, jack, and floor mats inside.
Container shipping is definitely safer when shipping to Ukraine. You can pack your vehicle and all your household items inside before it is sealed up and loaded onto the ship deck. Nothing can get to your vehicle while in a container so it’s protected throughout the trip. You can find out more about the rules and regulations of shipping a vehicle by contacting the Embassy of Ukraine.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory